Need Info on a Stihl 015L

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdmooreIII

Reaction score
I just got a Stihl 015L that was my grandfathers. Can someone tell me what the oil/fuel ratio should be. My dad didn't think it was 50:1, but wasn't sure. Also, what kind of chain oil to use? I have no idea the last time it was started, but it looks like it is in pretty good shape. Any other info on what to do before trying to start it would be appreciated. Thanks.

The 015L was a great little saw in its day back in the 70's. Stihl's mixing ratio was 40:1 for that saw but Stihl has changed to a 50:1 ratio. Be careful with your saw cause several parts have been dicontinued in my neck of the woods. Welcome to the site and happy cutting.

Saw works great!

Thanks for the mixture info. I put a new spark plug in and it fired right up. Been cutting with it for the last two weekends with no problems.

I got the chain sharpened and the guy told me it was an odd size. So I was thinking of replacing the guide bar with a more up to date size, 16 or 18 inch. Any recommendations on what bar would fit that saw? Thanks.

The saw probably has 1/4 inch chain on it which is getting hard to find. If the saw runs great then swap the bar, chain, and sprocket over to 3/8 Picco. This is the later or the two chain types. I would stay with a 14" bar in length. :)

bar and chain

i have three bars 12 14 16 and 5 or 6 loops 1/4" chain let me know which size bar. let me if you need any other parts i have some.:greenchainsaw:

Latest posts

Back