Need P/N for .325 8-tooth Rim for Stihl Small Spline Clutch Drum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishNJ

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
The clutch drum I have is Stihl P/N 1125 160 2900 which i think is the small spline.
Can someone get me the p/n for the .325 8-tooth rim sprocket to fit this drum?
The IPL shows P/N 0000 642 1234 for just the .325 8T sprocket?
If anyone can point me in the direction of a place to order (other than my local dealer) that would be helpful too.
Thank you!

thanks. am I correct that Rim 0000 642 1234 will fit the 1125 160 2900 drum?
and i thought that Oregon rims would not fit on Stihl drums?

i thought only the "standard / large" size was interchangable between Stihl and Oregon, but "small" was not.

0000 642 1234 is the part # STIHL shows for small spline. I've never heard it called mini spline.
The measurement for the one on ebay is what I call medium spline. Wrong one for you.

0000 642 1234 is the part # STIHL shows for small spline. I've never heard it called mini spline.
The measurement for the one on ebay is what I call medium spline. Wrong one for you.

thank you. i wish the IPL had a little more description for those of us that dont do this every day...
then again, this is why i embarked on my first rebuild... to learn.

thank you. i wish the IPL had a little more description for those of us that dont do this every day...
then again, this is why i embarked on my first rebuild... to learn.
It takes more than IPLs, parts in hand and much much more! I've been at it for about 3 years and I'm barely starting!

The small Stihl splines are usually referred to as mini and often if you order an aftermarket rim to fit a small Stihl it will be incorrect. A small spline is about 3/4" and the "mini" is around 11/16" or 5/8"
I have a pile of small splines that were supposed to fit my small Stihls but didn't. I'll use them on other saws eventually but the mini rims are hard to come up with. Last ones I got were from Baileys. (after they sent me the wrong ones because they were mispackaged.)

The clutch drum I have is Stihl P/N 1125 160 2900 which i think is the small spline.
Can someone get me the p/n for the .325 8-tooth rim sprocket to fit this drum?
The IPL shows P/N 0000 642 1234 for just the .325 8T sprocket?
If anyone can point me in the direction of a place to order (other than my local dealer) that would be helpful too.
Thank you!
I MUCH prefer the Oregon "small" spline for the 1125 saw. Stronger spline and wear life is longer than the big spline, for 3/8 chain.

The small Stihl splines are usually referred to as mini and often if you order an aftermarket rim to fit a small Stihl it will be incorrect. A small spline is about 3/4" and the "mini" is around 11/16" or 5/8"
I have a pile of small splines that were supposed to fit my small Stihls but didn't. I'll use them on other saws eventually but the mini rims are hard to come up with. Last ones I got were from Baileys. (after they sent me the wrong ones because they were mispackaged.)
That is because you would need an aftermarket clutch drum with the small spline. The aftermarket Oregon small spline kits should be readily available. The Stihl Mini spline rim sprockets in 7 tooth picco and 0.325 have been easy to get for me, never tried to get an 8 tooth.

Dealer ordered the Stihl part for me. $7.50 and 3 days. I went with Stihl mini knowing I can get at any dealer and not be stuck hunting around for the Oregon. Found one on eBay too for $9.50 and free shipping if anyone else is looking. Search the part number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back