Need Sheet Cork For Skil Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
820wards

820wards

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I need a source for sheet cork about 8"x8" in size to make a new gas/oil gasket for an old Skil Chainsaw. It needs to be pretty thick to make a good seal. I tried using the gasket material I picked up at the local auto store and it just isn't thick enough to make a good seal. This old saw need the exhaust stroke to to pump fuel so a leak is not an option. TIA

jerry-

Stihl051master

Stihl051master

ArboristSite Operative
Do you have a TSC store near you? They have rolls of the cork gasket material, and also some really thick regular gasket material too. It's good stuff. We would get it and make all the base gaskets, etc. with it at the motorcycle/snowmobile shop I used to work at. If I remember right, the thick regular material was just over .040" thick, where the stuff at the auto parts store was .020". Maybe it would work for you?

820wards

820wards

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Do you have a TSC store near you? They have rolls of the cork gasket material, and also some really thick regular gasket material too. It's good stuff. We would get it and make all the base gaskets, etc. with it at the motorcycle/snowmobile shop I used to work at. If I remember right, the thick regular material was just over .040" thick, where the stuff at the auto parts store was .020". Maybe it would work for you?

The best we have is a KRAGENS store. The .040" material would be what I need. What is a TSC store? Maybe there is one in a neighboring town from me.

jerry-

super3

super3

Addicted to ArboristSite
I need a source for sheet cork about 8"x8" in size to make a new gas/oil gasket for an old Skil Chainsaw. It needs to be pretty thick to make a good seal. I tried using the gasket material I picked up at the local auto store and it just isn't thick enough to make a good seal. This old saw need the exhaust stroke to to pump fuel so a leak is not an option. TIA

jerry-

McMaster Carr...404-629-6500

Latest posts