need some help with husky 350!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

autis

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
hi guys! i traded for a husky 350 last summer and hadnt yet given it a proper testing so yesterday i took it out and used it to cut some of our seasoned logs for firewood. when i pull out of the cut and let it idle the saw runs fast enough to keep the chain moving about as fast as if it was choked and still warming up. if i lay it to the wood to stop chain it will regain chain speed within 10 seconds.

soo i decided to try adjusting the idle screw and i could get it to idle about right but when i pull the throttle its not nearly as responsive and will just barely stumble before gaining rpms. i could live with that but it doesnt seem normal and who wants a limbing saw thats not responsive as heck??:msp_wink:

im used to adjusting carb on my 044 but for some reason ive never had any luck trying to adjust any of my huskies... i would love suggestions and help!!

thanks!

350's are notorious for leaking at the bottom crankcase cover, the clamp of the intake boot, and where the muffler bolts onto the cylinder.

Are the adj needle stops still on the carb. if so trim them off so you get full adjustability, then lightly seat high and low needles then open each 1 turn then fine tune from there starting with the low side first, search chainsaw tuning for further instruction. Hope this helps:msp_biggrin:

If its your intake boot partition search the site for the mod to fix that, if its an air leak you need to fix that or it will cause damage to the piston and cylinder.

The 350 is a damn good saw for the price, yes they have issues. The beautiful thing about the design is they're pretty easy to work on. I'd start with re-adjusting the carb. If it doesn't work vac test it. Its a good chance its just needing some TLC. I love my 340/350 saws. I've owned a 346xp NE and thats an amazing 50cc saw, but for the money the 350 is just as good. So many options if the top end goes bad, its a versitile design so dont write it off if you're having issues with it. I keep hoping to find another one thats fried so I can put a 346 jug n slug in it.

Back