Need Suggestions On Moving Stove

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
neverrude

neverrude

ArboristSite Lurker
Just got a Jotul on ebay for $125 and he guarntys it has no cracks.:) The only thing he knew was that it was a wood stove left behind by the previous owner.
They just bought a house and his wife wants it out of the house.
It’s in the basement and I believe it weighs around 350 lbs.
Does the top come off or do I have to move the whole thing ?
Any suggestions to make this move easy and save my back would be deeply appreciated.

Mike Van

Mike Van

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Just guessing it has brick in it? Take those out, get a good appliance dolly, a few friends, have at it - If theres a hatchway you can back up to, sometimes a couple of 2x12's as ramps & you can slide it right up them with no dolly. Truck with a small winch would help too -

neverrude

neverrude

ArboristSite Lurker
Just guessing it has brick in it? Take those out, get a good appliance dolly, a few friends, have at it - If theres a hatchway you can back up to, sometimes a couple of 2x12's as ramps & you can slide it right up them with no dolly. Truck with a small winch would help too -
\

Mike thank you for the advice. I never tought about useing an appliance dolly.
Thanks again.

Rookie1

Rookie1

Addicted to ArboristSite
Try to take everything off of it that you can,like bricks and doors too. My wife and I put one down my basement with an appliance dolly but I guess we had gravity on our side. Just be careful and take your time.

kennertree

kennertree

Addicted to ArboristSite
Just got a Jotul on ebay for $125 and he guarntys it has no cracks.:) The only thing he knew was that it was a wood stove left behind by the previous owner.
They just bought a house and his wife wants it out of the house.
It’s in the basement and I believe it weighs around 350 lbs.
Does the top come off or do I have to move the whole thing ?
Any suggestions to make this move easy and save my back would be deeply appreciated.

What a deal!!! I will give you $250 for it right now. Only if you will pay the shipping. Really, that is a heck of a deal on that stove.

neverrude

neverrude

ArboristSite Lurker
Try to take everything off of it that you can,like bricks and doors too. My wife and I put one down my basement with an appliance dolly but I guess we had gravity on our side. Just be careful and take your time.

Thanks Rookie, I'll have my son and brother inlaw with me and a appliance dolly. I'll let everyone know how I made out in a few weeks.

neverrude

neverrude

ArboristSite Lurker
What a deal!!! I will give you $250 for it right now. Only if you will pay the shipping. Really, that is a heck of a deal on that stove.

I just happen to be checking ebay when it was listed with the buy it now option for $125. :)
I was going to buy one of those small Fire Glow stoves for $50 for our basement on craigslist list and ran across the Jotul.:greenchainsaw:
I'm trying to find a manual for the old green 118 Jotul. I have a copy of 118 CB but I'd like to get the old manual.

Latest posts