Need work done to husqvarna 372xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's an xtorq. Sat 3 years brand new never used I bought it and ran it hard for 2 years. This just happened during a big stump cut. I'm the only one mixing the fuel and I've always mixed it right none of my other saws have had a problem. I've used red armor 90% of the time. This is the same saw that had a coil go out and someone suggested maybe my crank bearing was going out because the fly wheel had beat up the coil.

Attachments

• IMG_20210316_130257253.jpg
    IMG_20210316_130257253.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20210316_130833998.jpg
    IMG_20210316_130833998.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20210316_130602440.jpg
    IMG_20210316_130602440.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 27
It's an xtorq. Sat 3 years brand new never used I bought it and ran it hard for 2 years. This just happened during a big stump cut. I'm the only one mixing the fuel and I've always mixed it right none of my other saws have had a problem. I've used red armor 90% of the time. This is the same saw that had a coil go out and someone suggested maybe my crank bearing was going out because the fly wheel had beat up the coil.
I was given a scrapped xpw two weeks ago that shows similar signs. However, instead of the piston or cylinder getting chewed up, the *crank shifted allowing the flywheel to eat into the case and coil. I'll post a photo in a day or three.

Is this a common failure on the newer 372s?

I was given a scrapped xpw two weeks ago that shows similar signs. However, instead of the piston or cylinder getting chewed up, the rod shifted allowing the flywheel to eat into the case and coil. I'll post a photo in a day or three.

I have never seen what you are describing. If it got into the coil more than likely you have a bad crank bearing or two.

I was given a scrapped xpw two weeks ago that shows similar signs. However, instead of the piston or cylinder getting chewed up, the rod shifted allowing the flywheel to eat into the case and coil. I'll post a photo in a day or three.

Saw alot of XTs experience it personally

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Save that top end, if it can be cleaned up I'd put that top end on your saw!

I have never seen what you are describing. If it got into the coil more than likely you have a bad crank bearing or two.
Photos will help. Can't upload at home.

Yes, crank, didn't mean piston rod. One fin totally broke, almost sheared, couple of other chunks are missing on fins, some bent, etc...
Save that top end, if it can be cleaned up I'd put that top end on your saw!
At quick glance, P&C looked surprisingly clean. I'd consider saving it for a project but I'm swamped with getting food in the ground and salvaging what's left of our coming-drought burn season.

Will put usable parts up for sale in the next week or two, hopefully.

Photos will help. Can't upload at home.

Yes, crank, didn't mean piston rod. One fin totally broke, almost sheared, couple of other chunks are missing on fins, some bent, etc...

At quick glance, P&C looked surprisingly clean. I'd consider saving it for a project but I'm swamped with getting food in the ground and salvaging what's left of our coming-drought burn season.

Will put usable parts up for sale in the next week or two, hopefully.
PM sent.

I don't know of we have got 2 different discusions going about 2 different saws or what, but these pics ARE NOT of a 2019 model saw. That's a 2008 model XPW Im guessing and it looks lke its had a tree on it, ran over, etc.... I would be tempted to tear it completely down and rebuild it using china cases and OEM crank and top end. I suspect the top end will clean up plenty nice to make a good runner!

Didn't say it was a 2019, was just interested if the crank issues were common, which in others' experience, it seems to be.

While I know nothing of the saw's history, I highly doubt it was run over or hit by a tree. No case damage other than where the flywheel shifted. I think the strands/fibers of electrical line in the clutch is likely what led to the seizure and shift, in addition to whatever other issues may have been present.

Didn't say it was a 2019, was just interested if the crank issues were common, which in others' experience, it seems to be.

While I know nothing of the saw's history, I highly doubt it was run over or hit by a tree. No case damage other than where the flywheel shifted. I think the strands/fibers of electrical line in the clutch is likely what led to the seizure and shift, in addition to whatever other issues may have been present.
Ok, suit yourself but youre the one who came on here asking questions and some of us have tried to answer. NO, its not common for the crank bearings to get enough slack in them to damage the flywheel or coil. By the time a crank bearing gets that bad, the saw will no longer be able to be adjusted enough to keep the fuel/air mixture set enough to run. Ive likely built more of those saws than you have ever even seen and I can tell you without a doubt that A: that case is broken, and B: Its had something on it to break it and thats where the damage to your flywheel and coil came from. Rebuild it, throw it back in the dumpster where you found it, it matters not to me.
I feel like Im having a HarleyT moment here but sometimes you just gotta SMFH and wonder about people!

Back