Needed: Disston DA211 bar & chain, IPL, & manual.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris J.

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I won a seized Disston DA211 on eBayware. Let me get this out in the open: I know that I outbid a fellow AS member, & I hope that there are no hard feelings. These saws are rare, & I'm actually surprised that it didn't go for more $$.

The powerhead is basically all that I have. There's an IPL & manual on eBayware now, but who knows how high the price will go. Until I get the IPL I won't know exactly what's missing from the saw.

Thanks in advance, Chris J.

One PM reply so far. Thank you, you-know-who.

Otherwise, the silence is deafening. So ABSOLUTELY no one here on AS has a IPL or manual that they'd be willing to make a copy of?

Strange thing is, when I did a search for DA211 here at AS, several AS members had posts stating that they had this saw and/or parts for it. Hmmm.

Chris J., Red-Haired Stepchild

Knot Whole said:
Otherwise, the silence is deafening. So ABSOLUTELY no one here on AS has a IPL or manual that they'd be willing to make a copy of?

Strange thing is, when I did a search for DA211 here at AS, several AS members had posts stating that they had this saw and/or parts for it. Hmmm.

Chris J., Red-Haired Stepchild

Well you just posted the thread about 33 hours ago. I may have the IPL but if time is of the essence then I cannot help you. I have tons of IPL's and it takes time to find things. As for the bar that is simple they are on ebay right now.

Bill, my post wasn't directed at you particularily. I do notice that certain AS members make posts looking for parts, and the replies come pouring in almost immediately.

I'm going to get this saw completed, and hopefully running, with or without any help here at AS. It would be nice to have some help from the fellows with experience with this saw, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. Going the eBayware route, I'll probably wind up with the most expensive Disston DA211 ever.

Knot Whole said:
Going the eBayware route, I'll probably wind up with the most expensive Disston DA211 ever.

The bars on ebay have went very reasonably. When you are looking for parts for a rare saw they are not going to be cheap. Like I said I have have a manual but I need to dig.

Bill

Thanks, Bill, I appreciate it. I'm not having a good night; I need to quit thinking about AS & chainsaws for a while.

Be safe, & aw ra best...Chris J.

Lewis, thank you, and I responded to your email. I apologize to everyone for my tantrum yesterday.

Just out of curosity, who else here is bidding on the manual & IPL on eBayware?

Well, somebody on eBayware really wanted the IPL & owners manual, to the tune of $43.50. Anyone have a copy or PDF of the owners manual? Lewis was kind enough to send me both as a PDF, but the OM has some rough spots.

Thanks to all, & be careful...Chris J.

Disston OM.

Yes, the Disston OM is as I received it, but managed to get what info I needed from it. I was watching the manuels on Ebay, but too rich for my blood. The Parts Catalog I sent you is a copy of the one I have for my saw. I'm still waiting to get a good Operators Manuel. Take care. Lewis.

Shameless bump. Still interested in owners manual, and any spare parts that you might have. Heck, a complete saw would work as well.

Be careful, Chris J.

Complete saw:

A complete saw could be a bit pricey and even more pricey if in running condition. I usually try to obtain a complete saw to begin with and go from their. Then buy what parts I need to repair/restore it. Good luck on finding your parts. Lewis.

Back