Neighbor wants to me to pay half to remove property line tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would approach him and say you value your neighborly friendship. You would rather see the tree stay but if it has to go, it has to go. As mentioned above, I wouldn't want a tree on my "meter pit" (even though I don't know what it is for, it sounds important). There are ways to deal with damaging roots without doing a total removal. If you have an knowledgeable arborist in the area, they should be able to trim/remove the roots and trim the tree on top to adjust. That might be cheaper to do a trim and some asphalt patch work....

I would approach him and say you value your neighborly friendship. You would rather see the tree stay but if it has to go, it has to go. As mentioned above, I wouldn't want a tree on my "meter pit" (even though I don't know what it is for, it sounds important). There are ways to deal with damaging roots without doing a total removal. If you have an knowledgeable arborist in the area, they should be able to trim/remove the roots and trim the tree on top to adjust. That might be cheaper to do a trim and some asphalt patch work....

And there ya go!

Latest posts

Back