• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Never Before Fueled Solo 665

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has a different muffler, 1mm longer stroke, and a closed port jug rather than an open port style. It also uses a Walbro carb instead of a Zama.

Sounds like someone has told you in the past that a stroke that's a millimeter longer actually makes a difference.

It ain't the size of the stroke, it's the motion of the ocean....

Someone buy this saw!!!

Is there a real world power difference between the 665 and a 6400?

I have always felt my 6401 cuts pretty strong for being over weight 60cc saw

Gg

Sounds like someone has told you in the past that a stroke that's a millimeter longer actually makes a difference.

It ain't the size of the stroke, it's the motion of the ocean....

Someone buy this saw!!!

So says those with a short stroke. You don't hear the long-strokers peddling such a rationalization.

Is there a real world power difference between the 665 and a 6400?

I have always felt my 6401 cuts pretty strong for being over weight 60cc saw

Gg

I never did side by side comparison of my 6400 and the 665 when I had the 6400.

But we did just run a bone stock well broke in 7900 against my now 681 (was 665). And the 681 was a hair faster.

I will say the power feels far different, and with the deflector in a different spot, and different sized exhaust outlet, the 665 (681) sounds much better than the 6400 (7900).

In my opinion (I am biased), the Solo is a better saw.. And I owned a few of Dolkita's.

My Dolmar 6400
(Now owned by CR888)
20140605_210346.jpg

My Makita 6401
(Now owned by Jchin)
20140618_172056.jpg

And just in case ya'll forgot what a Solo 665 looks like, here one is again.. ;) lol
20140727_144458.jpg

You must admit, that the Dolmar looks pretty good.. But that Solo is sexy. :rock:

When you look at the solo and dolmar sitting next to each other on a bench you will notice a lot of minor but significant differences ie bigger av springs with better mounts, reinforced brake handle, better muffler mount's and air filter and other things. The big difference in 665 compared to 6400 is the fact that the 665 is a quad port engine....the monkey can tell you why that's a good thing.

Whole reason I bought my 665 is because a buddies stomped my Dolmar 6400 and I can turn it into a 675 or 681 if I ever desire to fuel it.

Latest posts

Back