Never had an insurance claim.... Until today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like i said, a grand a panel is hyperbole and I got the name of it wrong. but here's a few pics of the fence section. I snapped em today and talked to my agent about this claim. They are sending an adjuster to look at it.

Like i said, a grand a panel is hyperbole and I got the name of it wrong. but here's a few pics of the fence section. I snapped em today and talked to my agent about this claim. They are sending an adjuster to look at it.

Absurd. Thats a $200 fix at most.. Insurance guy is going to piss his pants at that.

Well, you say that but I've got the Husky logo sticker off of my hard hat stuck to the side of a ms170 and I reckon it cuts faster now. Not that it helps your problem but it amuses me and annoys the boss

It was time for a new fence tell the lady you do discount fence work and demolition has begun :)

Strange that Walpole doesn't have anything that looks like that. I'm wondering if the old lady is saying it is to get more money.

I've just looked at the pictures and that post is rotten to buggery, surely you can't be liable. And as for being an expensive fence from what I can see you're looking at what, new post and maybe rails, the hardest part would be digging the old post out if the concrete is rock solid, if there is any concrete. An apprentice fencer could do that in his lunch hour, while texting, and eating lunch. It's madness to even think that an insurance claim is the way to go. I'm waiting to see what the insurance man says.

She's got to be pulling a fast one or just really ignorant

Last edited:
I've just looked at the pictures and that post is rotten to buggery, surely you can't be liable. And as for being an expensive fence from what I can see you're looking at what, new post and maybe rails, the hardest part would be digging the old post out if the concrete is rock solid, if there is any concrete. An apprentice fencer could do that in his lunch hour, while texting, and eating lunch. It's madness to even think that an insurance claim is the way to go. I'm waiting to see what the insurance man says.

She's got to be pulling a fast one or just really ignorant

My guess is not ignorant however I would not be surprised if the adjuster told her to pound salt.
He might say this is hardly something to claim mam and fraudulent insurance claims are punishable offense's

Fence

We broke one section of a rotten stockade fence about a month ago. I replaced it with a used section within 2 hrs($35). It was my problem and I fixed it. The condition of the remaining fence is not my problem. I will go to great lengths to avoid any and all insurance claims. 1k for one section of fence sounds steep to me, a good insurance adjuster will see right through this claim.

I would just get estimates from a few reputable fence COs and go from there.
NO WAY is that a grand's worth of fence.

I remember dropping a little 2inx2ft oak stick on a vinyl fence and the dam thing exploded.
Thought to myself ''Bam, there goes a hundy ''.Turns out it was just a matter of re-assembling the puzzle of slats that interlock . Took about 15 min to figure out the order they went in ,but good as new.That thing did not have one single fastener in the entire section.

Tell her you will fix it or give a 35 dollar discount on the job that is about fair :)n A little saw dust and gorilla glue its as good as it was lmfao :monkey:

If your insurance company is like mine (Farm Bureau) they'll send an adjuster to look at her fence, she'll show them damage you didn't do (just a rotten fence), they'll pay her a couple thousand dollars, and then drop you. Really though, this happened to me with a neighbor. Guy was going through a divorce and never had much money anyway. He has cattle, dad and I have buffalo. His cattle have been on our land MANY times but there's never been any real damage. HIS section of our shared boundary fence fell over due to rotten posts and took the wire with it. He contacted my insurance company (FB) and so the adjuster spoke to him but not us. We weren't along to see any of the supposed damage or anything. But the neighbor was gone when our animals got onto his land (which his cattle were grazing at the time) so my dad and I simply herded them back on our property. The whole herd of 300-ish animals was on our land at 11:30 am, and when we saw them again at 1 pm, half the herd was on his land. It took about 20 minutes to herd them back with 4 wheeler and prop up the fence, which we told our neighbor it was high time for him to do some work on. So part of our herd was on his land for less than 2 hours and did the same as zero damage. Our FB adjuster pays him $1600 for damage and writes up a long report about how our animals "busted" through the fence and grazed neighbor's land for over two days and we didn't adequately repair the fence. Then FB dropped us even though we took lots of pictures at the time and have all the proof in our favor. Fun times. Good luck!

Last edited:
even if they give her money, it will be a depreciated amount. get some ledger board screws and drive them through from the attached side just above where they enter the post and into the panel you broke. good as how it was. send her a bill for rotten fence repair. finally, slap her in the face because......... she earned it.

I would just get estimates from a few reputable fence COs and go from there.
NO WAY is that a grand's worth of fence.

I remember dropping a little 2inx2ft oak stick on a vinyl fence and the dam thing exploded.
Thought to myself ''Bam, there goes a hundy ''.Turns out it was just a matter of re-assembling the puzzle of slats that interlock . Took about 15 min to figure out the order they went in ,but good as new.That thing did not have one single fastener in the entire section.

It is an unusual style fence and would be hard to replace BUT- easy to fix, just put a new dowel into the ends and stick it back up for the next unfortunate person to break again.

Did a small Maple removal in a back yard yesterday with the only way out a very clean white vinyl fence, didn't even want to touch it with the branches as they'd leave marks all over. Threw them all over the top. Wasn't thinking about that when I bid it, good thing it wasn't one of the real big ones back there.

even if they give her money, it will be a depreciated amount. get some ledger board screws and drive them through from the attached side just above where they enter the post and into the panel you broke. good as how it was. send her a bill for rotten fence repair. finally, slap her in the face because......... she earned it.

Haha well she may have earned it but please op don't slap her because that would cost dearly :monkey:

Back