New 046 cylinder ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supersammy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I picked up a 046 that needs a piston and probably cylinder. I only have $60 into the saw, so spending a little cash to get a piston and cylinder kit is what I want. The saw will get a dual port muffler but the rest will be stock. Is the 54mm Big Bore kit, better than the standard kit if I want to keep the saw stock? Both kits cost about the same so price is not a factor.

Last edited:
from the picks ive seen of bailys kits as of late ,they both seem to be of very good quality. gregg at baileys will take care of you if you were to have any issues .so its up to you stock or big bore either from baileys is ok.

You need to mount the BB kit and make sure the piston clears the crankcase. One that I did needed a little of the case milled off where the piston goes down it to the case.

The only problem that I had was that the rings were brittle. But, that has been a while and I'm sure they have corrected the problem.

Back