New 2171, very happy!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moosecountry

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello,

After much research, I finally brought home a new 2171 today. Under the spotlights I put about 100 cuts into a 20" diameter log. All I can say is WOW, I wish I bought this a long time ago! With the difference in power I don't even notice the extra weight over my 2041. Thanks everyone!

Tim

Tim, welcome aboard, & congrats on your new saw! Must be sweet, eh? I've been drooling over a 2171 (or a 372xp is a pinch ;)), but I have plenty of older Jreds to keep me busy. Always glad to see another fan of the red & black saws.

Be careful!

Originally looking for a 372, found they were discontinued, but 2171 was the same, I prefer red anyway, plus it matches my 2041!! Still haven't had the chance to run it much but looking forward to it.

Tim

rdbee said:
372's are discontinued but I still see them in saw shops all the time (brand new),must be old stock eh?
Not necessarily, they are still made for the European and probably some other markets.....

moosecountry said:
Originally looking for a 372, found they were discontinued, but 2171 was the same, I prefer red anyway, plus it matches my 2041!! Still haven't had the chance to run it much but looking forward to it.Tim
I would also have preferred the red version, but sadly they have the typical Jred front handle, 90% to the bar......

I am used to my Jonsered 90* to the bar handle, when I used the Husky it seemed quite awkward, but after a few cuts with it, it made sense how they designed it. Just got inside from cutting down 3 big pines and limbing them, what a difference between my two saws. This new one sucks the gas down but gets a hell of a lot more done in the same amount of time.

Tim

Latest posts

Back