New 346XP mufflers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spike60

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Just some info to pass on to those of you looking to dump the cat on the new 346XP. The muffler you want has been superceded up to a new part number: 544 02 83 01. The retail is $33.90. Just did one myself, and it is well worth the effort.

The one that came off has "7C CAT" stamped right on the front just under the part number on the top front of the muffler. I think this is the rule with all of the cats, and the most certain way for you guys to check what you have, rather than wondering about "E-tech" or the green fuel cap.

What are the chances that muffler will fit the new 2153 coming out?

I was taching my new 346XP with the filter cover off and I was amazed at the heat that was coming off of the muffler. Changing it out made a big difference and also seemed to help the performance. It is a great saw. Spike, your price on the muffler is about $4 cheaper than Bailey's. I may have been around Saw Troll too much :D but did you notice the difference in weight between the cat and non-cat muffler when you handled them?

Thanks for the info, just subscribing to thread for when I get my 2153 to come back for info.

I was taching my new 346XP with the filter cover off and I was amazed at the heat that was coming off of the muffler. Changing it out made a big difference and also seemed to help the performance. It is a great saw. Spike, your price on the muffler is about $4 cheaper than Bailey's. I may have been around Saw Troll too much :D but did you notice the difference in weight between the cat and non-cat muffler when you handled them?

Yes, the cat muffler is heavier. It's easy to notice when comparing the two mufflers side by side, but I can't say that I really noticed it when holding the saw.

The price difference is due to the part number change, so Baileys price must be referring to the earlier part number.

Yes, the cat muffler is heavier. It's easy to notice when comparing the two mufflers side by side, but I can't say that I really noticed it when holding the saw.

The specs usually say .1kg difference, which of course could be anything from 50 to 149 grams, so that is natural.

The specs usually say .1kg difference, which of course could be anything from 50 to 149 grams, so that is natural.

So, if I understand the metric system correctly, one kilogram weighs the same as 10 hectograms, one hectogram weighs the same as ten dekagrams, one dekagram weighs the same as 10 grams, and one gram weighs nothing at all...

Last edited:
So, if I understand the metric system correctly, one kilogram weighs the same as 10 hectograms, one hectogram weighs the same as ten dekagrams, one dekagram weighs the same as 10 grams, and one gram weighs nothing at all...

.1 kg is between 3 and 4 ounces, one ounce is 28.4 grams, 1 pound is 454 grams, or .454kg.....:)

Just some info to pass on to those of you looking to dump the cat on the new 346XP. The muffler you want has been superceded up to a new part number: 544 02 83 01. The retail is $33.90. Just did one myself, and it is well worth the effort.

Thanks for the info!

Spike any chance of the 2153's comming through with just the standard muffler on, like a few of the reported Husky saw's did?
On the 2153 is the color staying the same?
Mybe I need another saw....

Spike any chance of the 2153's comming through with just the standard muffler on, like a few of the reported Husky saw's did?
On the 2153 is the color staying the same?
Mybe I need another saw....

I'm sure that they will all have the cat from the get go, just like the 2156 did. Don't expect any color change to the worlds best looking saws. :givebeer:

Last edited:
Back