New 346XP mufflers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i want a new muffler for my 346 xp should I oreder and do it,or i'm having Walkers port it in feb and let them do the muffler I sawed with it today.
It still amazes me each time i use it for such a small saw.I had used Husqvarnas before and thought they were ok but none were ever XP's
As i now i favoring Husqvarna's XPs over stihl they cut run and cut so smooth

i want a new muffler for my 346 xp should I oreder and do it,or i'm having Walkers port it in feb and let them do the muffler I sawed with it today.
It still amazes me each time i use it for such a small saw.I had used Husqvarnas before and thought they were ok but none were ever XP's
As i now i favoring Husqvarna's XPs over stihl they cut run and cut so smooth

Sure the Husky xps are great, mostly - but it is hard to beat the Walker mufflers - just stay with those, if you have them......:censored:

there great Sawtroll Ive contacted them and plan to send it to them in feb to be Walkerized will they do a better muffler jon then buying a muffler from say Baileys or somewhere

441 STHIL Thats quite some distance to ship your saw to have some porting word done. No one closer?

I think he is referring to just the mufflers, the Walker ones are classics - but I am about to get a very special one (one of a kind) for my 361.

Not that it is needed, but fun is fun, as allways.....:clap: :clap:

no i plan to ship them my 346 xp to be Walkerized :)

Hmmm, as I got it, Walkers do a honest and desent job - but I believe there are better options, like Ed.

I am really not interested, but can't help that I have picked up some info on the subject.....

Last edited:
So your brother has a saw shop or a engine repair place, neat!
Troll just one more question; At a chain saw shop in Norway are the metal chain saw signs printed in English or Norwegian?

English mostly, or German.....:jawdrop:

My brother is close to 1000 miles away from here, so he is not involved much in my saws. He mostly mods trimmers and clearing saws, not so many chainsaws - but he once told me he got 4 hp out of a 38 or so cc Partner/Poulan. He said he would send it to me for practical testing, but it never appeared.......
I think I will let him have a go at my 353, when I meat him again.

Isn't almost everything 1000 miles or more from you:greenchainsaw:

Time you pointed to the thread that shows where you live...

How's the daylight?:givebeer:

Back