New 346xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orbound

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just got a brand spankin' new 346xp a couple of months ago! I like the saw quite a bit. It's nice and lite, easy to haul around. It's pretty fast :) but no torque at all :(

Anyhow, I don't know alot about saws yet, was wondering if someone could give me a step by step or at least some good pointers for hoppin' the little girl up some. I don't have the slightest idea about mods especially specific to this saw, sure would appreciate any advice, knowledge, etc.

Just got a brand spankin' new 346xp a couple of months ago! I like the saw quite a bit. It's nice and lite, easy to haul around. It's pretty fast :) but no torque at all :(

Anyhow, I don't know alot about saws yet, was wondering if someone could give me a step by step or at least some good pointers for hoppin' the little girl up some. I don't have the slightest idea about mods especially specific to this saw, sure would appreciate any advice, knowledge, etc.

Easiest and best mod for that 346 would be to trade it in on a Dolmar 5100, then you will see how a real saw cuts.:jawdrop:and the money you will have in your pocket:clap:

Actually that dolmar looks pretty good, don't know anything about a dolmar and don't have a dealer near me but the 5100 looks better from the numbers stand point. How long does a dolmar last?

Anyhow I still need advice on the 346 'cause I alread own it, probably not getting rid of it anytime soon. I like it better than an 026 pro.

is it broken in yet?

might need to re adjust the carb.mine has plenty of torq with 3/8 chain on a 16" bar.

346 xp muffler mod

NE 346xp. 2009

11mm hole straight through bracket and into muffler (started with 5mm bit nice and central and increased by 2mm at a time in bid to keep it tidy) stainless steel mesh placed between plate and muffler, job done.

Make sure you take muffler off and plug the exaust port before you start. reassmble, drill, dissasemble and clean out all filings.
As you may need to richen it slightly beyond what the restrictors allow,you can pull the L and H plastic restrictors off by tightening a screw into them, the screw bites into the restrictor and pushes against the metal 'slot headed' adjuster that sits behind, thus removing the restrictor, works well!
Reassemble and tune it! 1 1/4 turns back from full clockwise is a good starting point for both jets.
Check out the thread 'DIY Muffler Mod' if you havent already.

Back