New 361 mods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garfield

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have read plenty about the 361 being the saw to have. I got one today and had time b/f dark to do a few cuts in a 16 inch soft maple log. It was good but not quite the awe inspiring power I expected. Anything I need to do to the saw. I read about the mods etc. Is there anything I can or should do to it? Thanks

Ok well definetly a solid price difference...around 185.00 dollars differnce..with both having the 25 inch bar.

and the 441 is approx. 2.3 lbs heavier...power head only

But the displacment is MS 361 - 59cc and the MS 441 - 70.7cc

But hey then there is the MS 460..displacment 76.5cc, 14.6 lbs power head, but a hefty price...almost 900

again...just my opinion, and something to look/think about

Last edited:
need to break it in..

I have read plenty about the 361 being the saw to have. I got one today and had time b/f dark to do a few cuts in a 16 inch soft maple log. It was good but not quite the awe inspiring power I expected. Anything I need to do to the saw. I read about the mods etc. Is there anything I can or should do to it? Thanks

Run about six tanks or so through it and get back with us, that is, if it is a brand new saw.. I would not be modding it just yet.

Umm Yeah... New Saws do get faster after running a bunch of tanks through them.. :chainsawguy:

Back