New 372XP and rev limiter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frank7mm

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a new 372 about a month old. Can anyone tell me if they have a rev limiter? Going to do a muffler mod and don't want the coil to hinder. Thanks to all with advice on porting a 359. I removed base gasket widened trans ports and cleaned everything up. It runs Great NOTHING like stock. Thanks again.

The blue coil is rev limited to about 13,500. It has a few degrees advance over the old black ones. IMO It will work fine with a muffler mod saw. With some improvement on the ports it will still work but it gets tricky to set the high jet, becouse it needs to be over 13,500 out of the cut.

The blue one stops at 13600rpm, with a tach it's no problem to set the saw but it's a stupid idea to put a rev limited coil in a saw in the first place *Grrrrr

The blue one stops at 13600rpm, with a tach it's no problem to set the saw but it's a stupid idea to put a rev limited coil in a saw in the first place *Grrrrr

Agree, but not a real problem with a stock saw and a tach.

I believe they all have been rev limited since some time in 2004...

Last edited:
This is how the limited coil looks like.

attachment.php

see my post on the blue coil died.
I went to a black coil - Baileys $45
stock blue coil replacement is $95!

saw woke up even more with the black coil and the muffler mod.

hey sewkip can you measure the ohms from spark plug lead to base?
on the black coil it was 2 ohms blue coil 1ohm. just curious

Last edited:
see my post on the blue coil died.
I went to a black coil - Baileys $45
stock blue coil replacement is $95!

saw woke up even more with the black coil and the muffler mod.

hey SWE#Kipp can you measure the ohms from spark plug lead to base?
on the black coil it was 2 ohms blue coil 1ohm. just curious

Husky ignition modules have a lifetime warranty. Unfortunately, if you have a black module and it fails you will get a blue one as a replacement.GRRRRR!

Kristopher or Niko, are the ignition modules in the new 346XP's rev limited?
:popcorn: :givebeer:

Shawn I tried to measure it but i'm no good with my multimeter :(
I did set it on ohm but don't get any readings from it ,,,
the coil is fine and working, it's me that does something wrong with the multimeter :dizzy:
Just tell me were I should put the "probes" on the coil and I will give an other try :)

Only if you are having probems understanding how to tune it. In the wood and tuned correctly - no advantage.

+1
I tested it on my 372xpg and did not notice any gains with the black coil, but it makes the tuning easier out in the field if you don't carry a tach with you.

Back