New 461r

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robbiet87

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a new 461R tonight!!!! Boy Clark she's a beaut! Can't wait to try it out. Can anyone give me a crash course on how to tune it? I'd rather it run just a little rich than too lean.

Attachments

• CAM01615.jpg
    CAM01615.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 33
To tune that saw richer, you will likely need to cut the limiter tab on the H jet adjuster on the carb. In the IPL they look the same as the simple plastic limiters that 361 saws have that are easy to pull, trim off and set back in place to hold a tune. The best information on tuning a 461 is 1) in the 461 WS manual, PDF version available for free just for the asking on the AS Beg For Manuals thread, and 2) on the Madsen's web site: http://www.madsens1.com/saw_carb_tune.htm

Thanks guys now I need a day off to try it out!!!! I appreciate the quick responses

Put the bar and chain on it and go make about five good cuts with it. Then take it back to the Stihl dealer where you bought it and have them tune it.

Put the bar and chain on it and go make about five good cuts with it. Then take it back to the Stihl dealer where you bought it and have them tune it.
What he said. Protect your warranty and have the dealer do the tuning, preferably a few hundred rpm's on the rich side of 13.5K until the saw has a half-dozen gallons through it. That's how my dealer does it.

Thanks guys. I was actually going to get a 441, but they couldn't order one anymore from what i was told. I think I'll be happy with the 461 though!!

Latest posts

Back