new 694

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SouthernLA

SouthernLA

ArboristSite Member
Well, I'm gonna bite the bullet and order a Solo 694. I can get a heck of a good price and can't pass it up. I'm glad I came to my senses, I almost ordered a 385! Just kidding Husky fans. I wish this saw came with more hp but with a motor that big the low end will make up for it, like the old macs I used to have. BTW the 650 and 636 that I modded are still running good the 636 is starting to cut faster with every tank.:chainsaw: Can't wait 'till I get the pipes built for the 636 and 650. I think I will just dp the 694 muffler.:cheers:

SouthernLA

SouthernLA

ArboristSite Member
Yes, I'm aware that Solos, Makitas and Dolmars are brothers. I just hope that there will be a 5100 badged as a Solo. Not that my 51cc Solo is a slouch, I just keep hearing so much good about the 5100. I get really great prices on Solos so that's what I buy. Solo saws, Maruyama trimmers and Milwaukee power tools. Just something about the red color I suppose.

Dolmar_Tech_Mgr

Dolmar_Tech_Mgr

ArboristSite Operative
The 694 is the only one model made by Dolmar for Solo and no talk of any more. Curious what part of southern louisiana you from. I was born and raised in north louisiana, shreveport bossier area for 38 years.

SouthernLA

SouthernLA

ArboristSite Member
I live in Covington. Right across the lake from New Orleans. Plenty of chiansawing left to do around here. Ran the 636 yesterday on three small water oaks and a magnolia all about 8" in diameter. It ran real strong but was having idle issues. Leaned the low end out some and fixed that. I think it could run .325 on that little stuff easily but probably not any faster. These trees were right up against a building and one had even worn a hole through the roof poor up keep by owner. Was glad to have a small light saw inside the bushes and on the roof. Thinking about a 637 top handle.

Latest posts