New and lost

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go find your local husky dealer.
Im in western canada and usually pay about 25-35 for a chain. 18-24 bar .325 or 3/8
For what your paying I can get a bar and chain.
FWIW I will not go to my Stihl stealer for anything!!

One other thing to point out is I had a friend think he was doing me a favour. Have me three brand new chains. But they are .063 gauge. This is the reason I inquired about the bar.

I’ve done a bunch of searching, but for clarity please correct me if wrong here:

Gauge = thickness of the guides and mud match the groove of the bar.

Pitch of the chain must match the pitch of the sprocket.

Links = length of the chain

You get an A+ for this lesson.

sounds like another good reason not to own a stihl....

No it’s not a STIHL thing. It a combo of greedy local dealer because being in the middle of butt nowhere your options are limited and having a saw that’s been discontinued

No it’s not a STIHL thing. It a combo of greedy local dealer because being in the middle of butt nowhere your options are limited and having a saw that’s been discontinued
strange link counts, strange bar sizes, stealerships not dealerships.....sounds like a good reason not to to me ;) (mind you I just bought one) I am having fun..the minute you start taking it that seriously then you need to re-examine the status of a few things :)

Have you checked Bailey's? Until the sale ends you can buy 10 loops of .325x.050-67 in chisel for $100. The shipping may hurt but spread over 10 loops may not be all that bad. It ain't Stihl chain (it's their WoodlandPro) but I've had good service from their chain.
I will check them out

Latest posts

Back