New blue Bosch plugs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a cheap mass produced part - things go wrong in production sometimes. In all this I still have not read what is different about these plugs, other than being blue?

I don't have anywhere local to get them. I need to order some soon. I'm about out of NGK now.

If you have a NAPA near-by (and who doesn't) they stock NGK and have a good selection at relatively fair prices. I've also purchased Denso from them, but it was quite a while ago.

I will never ever run any Plug again with BOSCH written on the side of it..... Long story short, I had an Exploerer with the 4.0L V-6. Bosch plug had the center insulator/post break off and fall on top of the piston while driving down the highway one day - sounded like a collapsed lifter..... It was a lot of work to pull all the top end and head off to dig the chunks out of the top of the piston to get the noise to go away.... not impressed.

totally agree KLG were good plugs ,actually still might have one floating around in all my stuff,denso make quality and it would be nice to find someone that sells one to fit my saws andother equipment,and yes I know what it means to have to tear a motor down because of a bosch plug,havent seen a ngk drop its guts in a motor yet ,not to say it wont but haven't seen it

i have used ngk plugs for many, many years, having only had 3 or 4 bad plugs out of the box that i can remember. two of those were about a year ago, one was about 10 yrs ago, one i'm not sure was actually bad (bike came back a few days later running poorly with electrical issue / loose wiring) but had already thrown out the "bad" plug( about 15 yrs ago).
i have removed a dozen or so broken champion plugs (ceramic broken on top of plug but still functioning) in polaris products. i have also found a couple missing the insulator on the "business" end with no apparent damage. units were still running.
i have very limited experience with bosch so really can't say anything. no powersport manufacturers use them.
i have very limited experience with nd as i worked a short time at a dealership that used them but haven't seen any bad (usually oem installed)

this all being in powersports and having changed almost a countless number of plugs.... (several thousands at least) i put ngks in EVERYTHING i own confidently.

I have used the Bosch WSR6F for 30 years and never had any issues with it. I began usung the NGK because thats what my shop stocks. I have come to like the NGK because the sealing ring/gasket is softer than the one on the Bosch plug. I find it is easier to obtain more consistant torque (yes, I'm one of those pinheads who actually torques plugs) on the NGK plugs due to the more easily compressible gasket. The Bosch plug has a very hard sealing ring and has a completely different feel as you install it. This response may seem a bit screwy, but the choice of a brand of sparkplug comes down to personal choice. Any major brand of plug will provide good service. We all have favorites, so go with what works well for you.

I saw a blue Bosch the other day in a Electrolux McCulloch pretty new saw with a H logo on it. Only pretty well only use ngk across the board in the shop whether it's had Bosch or champion in them. Only Bosch plugs we use are the ones in the small 4 mixes but cmr5h's can be used but not listed by Stihl on the ipl although I found a reference to them in a TI. I have seen ngk's from Japan and France and Bosch from Germany, China and Brazil

If I could find a stock load of old vintage unused Bosch plugs for sleds i would buy them up!! Best dam plug I ever seen used in skidoo for Rotax engines , the ones on talking about we're made in Germany not China , don't know to much about the saw applications but know this champion seemed to better than NGk for outboards and sleds, Not saying NGk is not a bad plug either I just find a motor that idles will foul out a NGk faster than a champion and a good vintage Bosch in the cold.
Infact I know a few old dudes that have original old sleds with the still original bosch plugs in Them that never miss a beat! And these sleds are original from the 1960s they swear by Bosch !
Not saying the new blue ones from China are not good and if they are as good as the vintage Bosch I would go for it! but I do know the old green and whites Bosch plugs from Germany seem to be outstanding!!! And that's from pulling over way to Many many old skidoo motors In the past! They always seem to run better with Bosch plugs well that's old skidoos :)

This hasn't been mentioned as of yet on this thread, but I use anti-seize compound on the threads of all my spark plugs. Been doing this for as long as I can remember, and it's a worth while practice.
And a major error. Anti-seize is essentially small glass spheres suspended in grease, which has poor thermal conductivity. The main thermal pathway out of the plug is through those threads that you've coated with an insulating compound.

Always put plugs in dry, preferably cleaning the threads on both sides with brake clean or similar.

Lol the amount he puts on the threadz is minuscal to even comment about
Heat will still transfer put your hand on the head lol infact that dab of compound may help the plug burn a lil hotter. There for burni g all the crap off it extending the life of the plug lol it's all how u look at it I guess
he's been doing it for years and it works for him go So go for it add the anti seize can't hurt anything and if that motor sits for 30 years at least he will be able to get the plug out , and aid getting the plug Threaded in Straight lol would rather see a lil antisieze compound than all stripped up heads
That need a nasty heli coil job
Thumbs up on a Dab of anti seize compound :) if it works for ya lol
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol the amount he puts on the threadz is minuscal to even comment about
Heat will still transfer put your hand on the head lol infact that dab of compound may help the plug burn a lil hotter. There for burni g all the crap off it extending the life of the plug lol it's all how u look at it I guess
he's been doing it for years and it works for him go So go for it add the anti seize can't hurt anything and if that motor sits for 30 years at least he will be able to get the plug out , and aid getting the plug Threaded in Straight lol would rather see a lil antisieze compound than all stripped up heads
That need a nasty heli coil job
Thumbs up on a Dab of anti seize compound :) if it works for ya lol
Your statement is a mess of confusion. First you say the effect is too small to comment about, then somehow figure that burning your hand on the "head" (cylinder?) is relevant to anything I wrote, then confirm (correctly) that the effect will be similar to running a higher heat range plug. And finally conclude that a quantifiable physical phenomena is really some sort of opinion, or something that one can choose to believe in or not.

Adding thermal resistance to a heat conduction path will not stop the heat transfer, but it will slow down the rate of transfer. That will cause the plug to get hotter, increasing the temperature difference until a new equilibrium is reached. Exactly like using a higher heat range plug.

Back