New BR600

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbuehning

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well, my old Redmax 431 has been struggling to get the job done at my house. I've been reading/searching about the BR600 and brought one home with me yesterday.

What an unbelievable difference - just the increase in power alone is amazing. Hitting the throttle is like punching a big block V8, my whole body twists from the torque. Its everything that you guys have said it was. Vibration is almost non-existent and the 4Mix sound is kinda low and soothing (almost don't need ear plugs).

Any advise on break-in, etc. I am running premium Synthetic @ 50:1.

Will give it a real workout this weekend.

Last edited:
You will not regret your purchase. I used to borrow my neighbors Husky, them I gat the BR600. He asked the difference. I said yours moves leaves, the BR600 move piles.

Wear ear plugs and run it. That was my break in.

According to Andy, never run your mix any more than 50:1 or you may end up needing a premature valve job. I believe he said the 4-mix is really best at something like 70:1. He an correct me if I'm wrong.

Well, my old Redmax 431 has been struggling to get the job done at my house. I've been reading/searching about the BR600 and brought one home with me yesterday.

What an unbelievable difference - just the increase in power alone is amazing. Hitting the throttle is like punching a big block V8, my whole body twists from the torque. Its everything that you guys have said it was. Vibration is almost non-existent and the 4Mix sound is kinda low and soothing (almost don't need ear plugs).

Any advise on break-in, etc. I am running premium Synthetic @ 50:1.

Will give it a real workout this weekend.

BR600 is a goodie for sure. They just did a fuel consumption comparison with the BR600 verses other brand backpack blowers. The BR600 out performed the Redmax EB7001 by 26%, the Redmax EB8001 by 32%, the Shindaiwa 633 RT by 33% and the Echo PB755 by 39%. Average homeowner wouldn't care about those fuel savings but to big landscape companies thats a big savings in fuel cost over time.

As for break in just run it. Never mix your fuel mix any richer than 50:1. The
4-mix engine doesn't like extra oil in the fuel mix...

I got mine out when the Ike remnants came through Ohio. The thing is a beast. I was blowing good sized sticks and twigs with ease. The only thing I don't like about it is the 4 stroke noise. I am a 2 stroke believer to the end.

BR600 is a goodie for sure. They just did a fuel consumption comparison with the BR600 verses other brand backpack blowers. The BR600 out performed the Redmax EB7001 by 26%, the Redmax EB8001 by 32%, the Shindaiwa 633 RT by 33% and the Echo PB755 by 39%. Average homeowner wouldn't care about those fuel savings but to big landscape companies thats a big savings in fuel cost over time.

As for break in just run it. Never mix your fuel mix any richer than 50:1. The
4-mix engine doesn't like extra oil in the fuel mix...

Well well I wonder why they didn't use the Shindaiwa EB8510 for the comparison unit?? It would have been a much fairer comparison. Makes you wonder....

BTW, the Shindaiwa EB633 is an Echo unit:cry:

Well well I wonder why they didn't use the Shindaiwa EB8510 for the comparison unit?? It would have been a much fairer comparison. Makes you wonder....

BTW, the Shindaiwa EB633 is an Echo unit:cry:

I got no idea. I was just reading the information. As for the homeowners the fuel thing is no big deal but the weight of the BR600 sure is. I've had some of those other units on my back, seems they forgot to keep the weight close to the back pad. The big Redmax felt like it was pulling me over backwards. The BR600 is by far the most comfortable of the bunch...

I got no idea. I was just reading the information. As for the homeowners the fuel thing is no big deal but the weight of the BR600 sure is. I've had some of those other units on my back, seems they forgot to keep the weight close to the back pad. The big Redmax felt like it was pulling me over backwards. The BR600 is by far the most comfortable of the bunch...

Yeah I know, Shindaiwa made a mistake there. The new ones (EB802 & EB8520) have a re-designed frame, many times more comfortable from what I've heard:clap:

powerfull blower

the stihl rep brought a push sled for us to test blower's against other brand's
it's a aluminum box on two wide roller's that set on both rail's about 12' long and and the blower's have to push the weight up a angel you can not cheat this sled it moves strictly by air volume the br 600 came out on top..... i was impressed it beat a red max by a few inches ....not shure if it was a 7001 or 8001 also a br600 wieghs a few pound's less the othe blowers i ran did not do so good,,,,,,,, one was a noise maker insted of a blower

the stihl rep also had a clear tube with holes drilled on both side's you add balls to the tube again the air volume has to move the ball's ...............this was good to test small blower's

i can honstly say i ran the blower's and as long as the blower's are tuned to factory specs STIHL has a fair and honest real world test

I have a BR600 and was told by my dealer's mechanic to be sure and use premium gas and 50:1 Stihl ULTRA ONLY! The only problem he has seen with the 4 mix engines is when someone uses cheapie oil which allows carbon to build up on the exhaust valves. I really love mine, super power

600 is a nice machine, just don't lean over when you're using it, the fan will torque your body.

Way to go, great blower. I just got my second 600 last month.

Average homeowner wouldn't care about those fuel savings but to big landscape companies thats a big savings in fuel cost over time.

As for the homeowners the fuel thing is no big deal.

Why's that?.....After getting my Dolmar 260 trimmer, the first thing I noticed was how much more fuel efficient it was compared to my old FS55.

Yes, the few extra bucks savings is not that big of a deal but when you're working a lot of acreage and you're way in the back with only 20 more feet to go and she runs out of fuel :censored: and ya have to walk 150 yards back to the fuel can, believe me it matters!.....:givebeer:

Why's that?.....After getting my Dolmar 260 trimmer, the first thing I noticed was how much more fuel efficient it was compared to my old FS55.

Yes, the few extra bucks savings is not that big of a deal but when you're working a lot of acreage and you're way in the back with only 20 more feet to go and she runs out of fuel :censored: and ya have to walk 150 yards back to the fuel can, believe me it matters!.....:givebeer:

You need to try one of the 4-mix engines, like a FS90.

I agree, the 600 is a bad mofo. The other brands just make cinder blocks that strap to your back.

I wouldn't say that unless I had tried what others have to offer. Like the new 170 series from Husqvarna. And the Shindaiwa EB8510 that is right at 80cc at a dry weight of 24 lbs. Then of course RedMax with those Zenoah engines have always been the standard for others to try to reach. Put the BR600 against those and see how it compares. Later!

You need to try one of the 4-mix engines, like a FS90.

WHY??.....The Dolmar trimmer is an excellant machine and has exceeded my expectation in every way imaginable!.....Have no intentions of trading it in on a 4fix. The post really wasn't Stihl vs Dolmar (we all know who's really better :)) it was about fuel consumption being important to lowly homeowners too......:givebeer:

NICE TRY!

Latest posts

Back