New Husqvarna 572 today - first impressions and thoughts about kit saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jon@camano

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I had been wanting a 572 for some time so brought one home today. Gota say it is an incredible saw. It is very powerful and super smooth with little to no vibration. It runs circles around my recently purchased MS 400. Really amazed with this saw. It is my new Ferrari. If you have been thinking about one, get it before another price increase.

In the past, I have built a number of FarmerTec saws, and overall, they run well with some OEM parts. Given how well the factory saws run and their anticipated durability, I am thinking the real value is in purchasing pro saws and taking care of them. I do not regret my time and money spent on compete parts kits, I leaned a lot and had a lot of fun. When you think about your real cost of assembling a complete parts saw, including bar and chain, after market cylinder and piston, OEM bearings, two saw kits will cost what a new factory pro saw costs.

Jon

I had been wanting a 572 for some time so brought one home today. Gota say it is an incredible saw. It is very powerful and super smooth with little to no vibration. It runs circles around my recently purchased MS 400. Really amazed with this saw. It is my new Ferrari. If you have been thinking about one, get it before another price increase.

In the past, I have built a number of FarmerTec saws, and overall, they run well with some OEM parts. Given how well the factory saws run and their anticipated durability, I am thinking the real value is in purchasing pro saws and taking care of them. I do not regret my time and money spent on compete parts kits, I leaned a lot and had a lot of fun. When you think about your real cost of assembling a complete parts saw, including bar and chain, after market cylinder and piston, OEM bearings, two saw kits will cost what a new factory pro saw costs.

Jon
I can buy 6 of the 372 clones where I am for the price of a 572. prices on the OEM husky must be much less in the lower 48.

I can buy 6 of the 372 clones where I am for the price of a 572. prices on the OEM husky must be much less in the lower 48.

First, why take a dump on this guy's post? he has a nice new saw, and he likes it.

Second. All you get, still amounts to a bunch of low quality Chinese knock-offs. The Chinese saws are fun to play with, but how will they hold up to everyday use? How long will the rubber components last? How about the cylinder plating? The list goes on.

If you need a saw to work every day, what to buy is obvious.

Understand the a lot of guys, "especially on Youtube" that promote the clone saws, get them for free.

The clone saws are what they are, and I like them for that, but they'll never be the real thing. And no matter how you dice it, you're still supporting intellectual theft, and willingly supporting communist country.

First, why take a dump on this guy's post? he has a nice new saw, and he likes it.

Second. All you get, still amounts to a bunch of low quality Chinese knock-offs. The Chinese saws are fun to play with, but how will they hold up to everyday use? How long will the rubber components last? How about the cylinder plating? The list goes on.

If you need a saw to work every day, what to buy by is obvious.

Understand the a lot of guys, "especially on Youtube" that promote the clone saws, get them for free.

The clone saws are what they are.
Only in America will guys flex on buying heaps of garbage.

The clone saws are what they are, and I like them for that, but they'll never be the real thing. And no matter how you dice it, you're still supporting intellectual theft, and willingly supporting communist country.
I bought 9 of them on my dime to test and evaluate before I started talking about them. I’ve had 0 issues with any of them, and they are pretty much all I run anymore with my business.

Jon

Factory Pro Saws are a good investments for those that need performance, durability and reliability. For myself, cutting 10 or so cords a year, a pro saw taken care of will last a decade at least, and barring any wilderness accidents, possibly 2 decades. My ms261, ms400c, and the ms500i, all 2021 purchases, I've got saws enough to last me longer then my life expectancy.

Biggest issue I have is recommending the Chinese stuff to a fella that doesn’t have much. He spends every dime he has on a saw that might last 2 weeks before he needs a cylinder, crank, or all new rubber, when that $3-500 could have fixed up his 044, 066, or 372 that would still be in service for years. But now he can’t because he’s broke and pissed and forced to learn the hard way.
While you might get lucky having a few of the knockoffs last a while, it certainly isn’t that way for all of them

Well said.I would not use a china saw if it was given to me!

I had been wanting a 572 for some time so brought one home today. Gota say it is an incredible saw. It is very powerful and super smooth with little to no vibration. It runs circles around my recently purchased MS 400
How can one run circles around the other? 4.3 cubic inch vs 4.1 cubic inch. Are not they both strato saws with pockets in the side of the piston? 5.8 hp vs 5.4 hp. I can't find the Stihl vibration the Husky one gets
Equivalent vibration level (ahv, eq) front handle 5 m/s²
Equivalent vibration level (ahv, eq) rear handle 4.1 m/s²

How can one run circles around the other? 4.3 cubic inch vs 4.1 cubic inch. Are not they both strato saws with pockets in the side of the piston? 5.8 hp vs 5.4 hp. I can't find the Stihl vibration the Husky one gets
Equivalent vibration level (ahv, eq) front handle 5 m/s²
Equivalent vibration level (ahv, eq) rear handle 4.1 m/s²
Sometimes real world hands on says more than company specs. Kinda like the new 592 a guy weighed his and it was a touch lighter than the 390xp and on paper it’s suppose to be right between the 390 and 395 weight. Well 390 16.1,592 16.3, 395 17.4

Those are not the weights I got. Something is up with whoever posted those weights! All of the other guys saws were within an ounce of mine.
3a79a818faf9fd0b8c40bd512980e92c.jpg
4c483e34552a6bc68936def4cfb0923a.jpg

2494930eac6659777370718ec8a24cad.jpg

Good deal but kinda proves the point as both are not what husky says. I’ll go back and see where I found it at.
The manufacturers are never accurate. Stihl is usually the closest to the actual weight. And often times, the manufacturers take the weight without the clutch cover.[emoji111]

The manufacturers are never accurate. Stihl is usually the closest to the actual weight. And often times, the manufacturers take the weight without the clutch cover.[emoji111]
To me some saws feel lighter than their actual weight. The MS400C I just picked up feels lighter than the 361 it replaced even though it's not.

I bought 9 of them on my dime to test and evaluate before I started talking about them. I’ve had 0 issues with any of them, and they are pretty much all I run anymore with my business.
You have US citizens on those saws, or illegal immigrants? Taxed payroll or under the table cash? Insured or just change the name on the truck when necessary? Not judging, just asking for context.

I also bought a 572xp this week!
For work, difference is I'll probably never get to use it. I purchase saws for the people who work for my region of the state .
I've used one on a couple occasions and they are a great saw after about 10 tanks of mix run through them , but it certainly didn't blow my socks off compared to the venerable 372xp oe .
Purchasing equipment for others puts you in a tough spot such as , are they going to run it over with a dump truck? Can we service it? If we can't how is dealer support? How much bitchin do I want to hear if its not working?
Personal use I think its a good saw ,but the truck doesn't care what color it is when they get crushed.

Latest posts

Back