New BR600

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't say that unless I had tried what others have to offer. Like the new 170 series from Husqvarna. And the Shindaiwa EB8510 that is right at 80cc at a dry weight of 24 lbs. Then of course RedMax with those Zenoah engines have always been the standard for others to try to reach. Put the BR600 against those and see how it compares. Later!

Well with the 8001 weighing in at 25.4 and the shinny at 24, they are both heavy for their classes. The BR600 comes in at a slim 21.6 and the weight is closer to your back. With the Stihl you get to have fun blowing around anything, the others, you are trying not to fall over backwards from the extra weight placed farther from you back. I have tried on the 8001 and would not even consider spending that much $$$ on it. husky blower? that's a joke, they have never been in the blower game. The 600 is the blower to have, if you need that much power.

WHY??.....The Dolmar trimmer is an excellant machine and has exceeded my expectation in every way imaginable!.....Have no intentions of trading it in on a 4fix. The post really wasn't Stihl vs Dolmar (we all know who's really better :)) it was about fuel consumption being important to lowly homeowners too......:givebeer:

NICE TRY!

I would consider Dolmar to be a great second choice to Stihl more than any other brand. Stihl just has the OPE scene wrapped up to tight.

I would consider Dolmar to be a great second choice to Stihl more than any other brand. Stihl just has the OPE scene wrapped up to tight.

So when ya gonna buy yourself one?....Looks like you need a little mix-up in your line-up! :popcorn:

Why do the BR600 specs keep going up on Stihl's website? Seems that everytime I check, they've gone up a little.

Never changed since introduction on the dealer spec sheets... The discharge hoses changed a year ago; before that the crank case changed slightly... maybe that made some tiny changes.

I sure like mine. Every time a neighbors borrows it, they buy one;)

Last edited:
Never changed since introduction on the dealer spec sheets... The discharge hoses changed a year ago; before that the crank case changed slightly... maybe that made some tiny changes.

I sure like mine. Every time a neighbors borrows it, they buy one;)

Weight has gone up 1 lb, CFM has gone from 712 to 783 with tubes, according the Stihl website.

Why's that?.....After getting my Dolmar 260 trimmer, the first thing I noticed was how much more fuel efficient it was compared to my old FS55.

Yes, the few extra bucks savings is not that big of a deal but when you're working a lot of acreage and you're way in the back with only 20 more feet to go and she runs out of fuel :censored: and ya have to walk 150 yards back to the fuel can, believe me it matters!.....:givebeer:

Really, well that must explain why Stihl backpack blowers are slamming the competition in sales. I myself never really worried about how much fuel a machine burnt. Hell had a man bring back a little MS260 one time complaining it burns too much fuel. Me being the fine gent I am I asked him well ok, how many miles to the gallon is it getting. Needless to say he got pizzed and left,LOLOL

Really, well that must explain why Stihl backpack blowers are slamming the competition in sales. I myself never really worried about how much fuel a machine burnt. Hell had a man bring back a little MS260 one time complaining it burns too much fuel. Me being the fine gent I am I asked him well ok, how many miles to the gallon is it getting. Needless to say he got pizzed and left,LOLOL

Really, well that probably would explain why they're "blowing" the competition away.......Great MPG! ;)

Well with the 8001 weighing in at 25.4 and the shinny at 24, they are both heavy for their classes. The BR600 comes in at a slim 21.6 and the weight is closer to your back. With the Stihl you get to have fun blowing around anything, the others, you are trying not to fall over backwards from the extra weight placed farther from you back. I have tried on the 8001 and would not even consider spending that much $$$ on it. husky blower? that's a joke, they have never been in the blower game. The 600 is the blower to have, if you need that much power.

Stihl has never been in the blower game. If you remember Echo started it all. Stihl barely makes a decent saw let alone anything else worth using. Nothing but a name and hype. Screw anything made in the USA anyway. Anything made in Sweden or Japan rules anyday for me. Later!

Stihl has never been in the blower game. If you remember Echo started it all. Stihl barely makes a decent saw let alone anything else worth using. Nothing but a name and hype. Screw anything made in the USA anyway. Anything made in Sweden or Japan rules anyday for me. Later!

:monkey:

You are full of shi*.:monkey:

I see I touched a few nerves..... Oh well, truth hurts doesn't it? LATER!!!!!!!

Hit a nerve? LOL, you will never hit a nerve with me, I joke with the best on here and have a great time. You keep using your heavy brick jap blowers and I will use a good brand.:D

Latest posts

Back