New CAD rebuilding tools!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah, you'll be fine. Actually, and this is a dirty little secret, the aftermarket case gasket for the 371/372 is better because it comes apart easier if you need to split the case halves in the future. The OEM gasket always comes apart and you end up scraping the case halves. That and the exhaust gasket is too brittle.

Cool. I just reused the alu heat shield gasket, that's all I used. I'm really getting tired of waiting on crank seals though.

Just buy the OEM gasket and seal set. It's not much more than the aftermarket set and the quality is much, much higher. I only bought the aftermarket set once and I was greatly disappointed in the quality of the seals. I tossed that set and have only used OEM. Seals are one of those items that if done right, they can last near to forever. I've been tearing down old Mac 125s lately and on quite a few, the seals are actually still in great shape, even though the saw has sat more than 20 years.

Great to know.. I'll buy an OEM set for my 044, it is only a few buck more.:cheers:

Just buy the OEM gasket and seal set. It's not much more than the aftermarket set and the quality is much, much higher. I only bought the aftermarket set once and I was greatly disappointed in the quality of the seals. I tossed that set and have only used OEM. Seals are one of those items that if done right, they can last near to forever. I've been tearing down old Mac 125s lately and on quite a few, the seals are actually still in great shape, even though the saw has sat more than 20 years.

I bought the OEM set for a 066 I rebuilt, it came with seals and everything, and was dirt cheap, I think under $40. The seals for this 371 are a different story though, $17 a pop.

I totally agree... and I have also tried aftermarket seal kits... the 028 seals were terrible... and the 024 seals I got for 80c each were pathetic. Oh well, teach me to be cheap:)

Back