New chainsaw husky 365 or stihl 064?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People in hell want ice water. Put up or shut up. Just a minute ago you offered to send $700 in CASH through the mail for a saw you claim I don’t even own. Which is it?

What’s up guys I need a bigger saw. I have a 455 rancher and want something bigger th chew through these big rounds. I was looking at a 365 or the 064. There is an 064 locally the dude wants 700 obo and I’ve seen 365’s go cheaper. But I can get the 064 now and not have to wait. All input is appreciated, I seen 064’s on here for 450 so was thinking of offering 500. Let me know guys thanks
Please let us know what you ultimately decide on or if you have any further questions.

I want to apologize for unnecessarily lengthening this thread. jhenderson is clearly a liar and a troll. But thanks to the ignore list he has wasted my time for the last time.

To the OP. I simply gave you other methods of acquiring a saw. A few middle men here can’t stand being cut out of their pump and dump racket. If you haven’t found a saw yet send me a PM.

Read my prev post? I sold a 2 year old saw for less than 1/2 of new. 5 year old saws go cheaper. Every guy in the business has a cellar full of used saws he’d sell reasonably. Have you checked with your local saw shop ? How many saws are under the bench waiting to be gone over? Buy one before hand without a warranty. No different than craigslist.
Not around here, you even find many 25 year old Stihls bring about 1/2 the price they sold for new, sometimes more, sometimes a bit less usually depending on cosmetics. 5 year and less don't usually bring much more then older saws in similar condition.
Other brands don't usually hold their value as well.

No, I simply have no intention of putting myself out to prove something to some Internet adolescents. I said Craigslist ads and that’s what I meant. No shipping, no credit cards, no money orders. Just a plain old ad for a bunch of blowhards like you who fail to ever show up after annoying someone playing 50 questions. If you used your head for more than a hat rack you’d know I wasn’t initially looking to sell. SVK thought he was calling my bluff but the ball is in his court. That is unless one of you loudmouths steps up first. I’m home 6 days a week by 7 pm. You can wait in the driveway.
Reminds me of a guy selling a minty jred, let's go cut some firewood together.
To the OP. I simply gave you other methods of acquiring a saw. A few middle men here can’t stand being cut out of their pump and dump racket. If you haven’t found a saw yet send me a PM.
@Socalmisfit don't forget to add his cost for shipping them to the west coast, that's gonna cost you more than the 100 he said wasn't enough to get them half way across the US and his time, sounds like he's the one running a pump and dump racket lol.

Now lets sort what you are really looking for out a little better.
Are you looking for a saw to run a 28" all the time, or a 28 sometimes and a 24 others? What type of wood are you cutting primarily, soft or hard(if hard what species). Also how much cutting do you do in a yr.
One thing to remember about the 064, while they are great saws as far as power to weight goes, they are getting a bit long in the tooth and the parts aren't as available as they were in yrs past.

Buy what suits your needs best. I have had an 064 about 5 years or so, 28in bar. As long as i have a fair amount of use for it and am healthy enough to start it I plan on keeping it. It balances it feels+pulls the 28in very comfortably to me.
I bought 3 365's to flip over a year ago. Initially put a 28in, 24inch, 20in on.them. Last winter ran the 20 a fair amount and liked it well. Only issue a few times in the winter the choke slid a little back in when starting, making starting difficult until i figured out the problem. It was a honey with a 20in bar and it may be hard to understand but i liked running it better then i remember running 372's in the past. Seems like the 372 feels bulkier. Didn't run the 28in much , but it didn't have the power i like with a 28in. I still have 1 with a 24inch bar, probably will run it a bit longer before selling it. If a 365 isn't powerful enough as is they can be modified easy enough if you like it well enough to keep.
Bucking up firewood on the ground stihls of that era seem to line up with my body geometry and my back feels better at the end of the day. If i was falling trees all day with little bucking it might be different.

Reminds me of a guy selling a minty jred, let's go cut some firewood together.

@Socalmisfit don't forget to add his cost for shipping them to the west coast, that's gonna cost you more than the 100 he said wasn't enough to get them half way across the US and his time, sounds like he's the one running a pump and dump racket lol.

Now lets sort what you are really looking for out a little better.
Are you looking for a saw to run a 28" all the time, or a 28 sometimes and a 24 others? What type of wood are you cutting primarily, soft or hard(if hard what species). Also how much cutting do you do in a yr.
One thing to remember about the 064, while they are great saws as far as power to weight goes, they are getting a bit long in the tooth and the parts aren't as available as they were in yrs past.

Why would he want both? Sounds like you don’t think much before you speak. Probably why I wouldn’t ship them to you either.

Same. Except you have nothing I want. You've proven that.

You can’t prove a negative. Of course, if you’d care to arrange a little wager, say $10K each into an escrow account you could prove things one way or another. You can even pick the attorney. I’ll provide photos, with dated Prov journal included, and original bill of sale, Or you can continue to make a fool of yourself. I’ll hold my breath waiting for you to decide.

You can’t prove a negative. Of course, if you’d care to arrange a little wager, say $10K each into an escrow account you could prove things one way or another. You can even pick the attorney. I’ll provide photos, with dated Prov journal included, and original bill of sale, Or you can continue to make a fool of yourself. I’ll hold my breath waiting for you to decide.
Now you're talking. What's your wager?

Why would he want both? Sounds like you don’t think much before you speak. Probably why I wouldn’t ship them to you either.
Why wouldn't he, don't know too many guys who only want one saw lol.
When I buy I like to buy in multiples when possible, sometimes I even get a nice deal that way.
You’d be surprised what I’d do for someone who’s not to smart for their own good. I’m not fond of people who attempt to take advantage of those who don’t know better either. Looks like you loose on both counts.
What's funny is there are many guys on this forum who would speak up as to what the guys you're giving a hard time in this thread have already done.
As to what you can do...
All I've seen done is criticize those who have tried to offer advice. Just because you have an experience in you're part of the country that doesn't mean it's the same as other places. Not one person here has agreed with the 5yr old 70cc saws for 1/3 the price of new. That being said if that's what you are able to get you are in a great place, it's just not what we experience out here; except for that rare occasion you find a great deal, because it's certainly not normal.
This is not normal.
Look at Craigslist and buy a Stihl or Husky/ Jonsereds 70 cc saw that’s no older than 2015 for 1/3 of new.

Why wouldn't he, don't know too many guys who only want one saw lol.
When I buy I like to buy in multiples when possible, sometimes I even get a nice deal that way.

What's funny is there are many guys on this forum who would speak up as to what the guys you're giving a hard time in this thread have already done.
As to what you can do...
All I've seen done is criticize those who have tried to offer advice. Just because you have an experience in you're part of the country that doesn't mean it's the same as other places. Not one person here has agreed with the 5yr old 70cc saws for 1/3 the price of new. That being said if that's what you are able to get you are in a great place, it's just not what we experience out here; except for that rare occasion you find a great deal, because it's certainly not normal.
This is not normal.

I criticize those who do exactly what I recommend for the purpose of reselling while claiming it’s not being done. All you need do is read all the saw ads here. They all start with “ I came by” , “my friend has” , etc, then comes the big $$ listing. They’re not doing this out of the goodness of their hearts. If someone wants to make $$ selling saws here it’s a free country, just don’t say I don’t know what I’m talking about while your doing exactly what I say.

I criticize those who do exactly what I recommend for the purpose of reselling while claiming it’s not being done. All you need do is read all the saw ads here. They all start with “ I came by” , “my friend has” , etc, then comes the big $$ listing. They’re not doing this out of the goodness of their hearts. If someone wants to make $$ selling saws here it’s a free country, just don’t say I don’t know what I’m talking about while your doing exactly what I say.
That's funny. I don't come across many 70cc 2015 or newer saws here in michigan for 1/3 of the new price, and I know a lot of people, when I do they sure as heck aren't running.
Maybe you should take a look around and see you must have it better than the rest of the country if that's the reality there.
I think you should start listing those saws, just as others have said in here, no-one would give you a hard time for selling a 5yr old or less saw for half the price of new. You've already heard multiple guys in this thread, who were ready to buy them, for the price you said he should be able to get a saw for. That's coming from guys, who would buy them if they could, for that price. It strikes me as obvious that they can't get them for that kind of a price, and those are the guys you're saying are already getting them for lower prices. Also, they are willing to pay shipping lol.
Basically speaking no-one I know of is doing "exactly what you recommend", because the deals are few and far between.

If you want to drop the mic then post up all the Craigslist ads for 70cc saws for 1/3 of new price as you suggested. End of story. Somehow I get the feeling that it won't be though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back