New Craftsman 46cc chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got the one of the new Craftsman saws at an auction Friday for $10. It was being sold for parts because the clutch cover was off of it.
Turns out the side bar adjustment gear was stripped. So I went to my parts shed to see what I had to match it and oddly enough a Homelite clutch cover used the exact same design. Swapped it out and fired it right up.

Only difference in the design was the tab that actually moves the bar had to be flipped over.
Just thought it was odd that the new Craftsman was using an older Homelite bar adjuster.
Also, I believe this saw has a mag case on it, which is a step up from the plastic ones I was used to.

I was impressed with the pictures of the one the guy tore down. He got it on clearance for $99. His is the troybilt. I was surprised it had a removable cylinder, metal crankcase and adjustable oiler. Troybilt makes it in another brand besides the craftsman but I can't remember what it is.

I got the one of the new Craftsman saws at an auction Friday for $10. It was being sold for parts because the clutch cover was off of it.
Turns out the side bar adjustment gear was stripped. So I went to my parts shed to see what I had to match it and oddly enough a Homelite clutch cover used the exact same design. Swapped it out and fired it right up.
On Craftsman saws lifetime warranty applies. Therefore, I was even surprised that you thought that the saw did not work. It is repaired by the manufacturer even if you do not have a receipt. Read here https://sawcentre.org/who-makes-craftsman-chainsaws/

Back