New Diesel Compact Truck Coming !

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My neighbor has one of their tractors, it gets a lot of work done and has given him no problems.

I had a line on a Mitsubishi S4S diesel a year ago and thought about stuffing it in a Toyota. Wound up letting it go because I have enough projects already and I wasn't sure what I would've done with it anyway. Would have been neat though.

Great... Spend your money on something else from India.

Why not wait for the new Cummins V6 in the Dodge, or the 4.5L Duramax in the Chevy? At least both of those are USA built (the engines at least, parts of the trucks are made in Mexico or Canada).

Great... Spend your money on something else from India.

Why not wait for the new Cummins V6 in the Dodge, or the 4.5L Duramax in the Chevy? At least both of those are USA built (the engines at least, parts of the trucks are made in Mexico or Canada).

Last I knew, the Duramax was an Isuzu..
Darn good diesel but still Jap.

Agreed on waiting for the Dodge or Chebby though.
If the fit and finish on the Mahindra tractors is similar to the trucks, they are gonna be the Suxor!!

Not to mention Mahindra can go the way of Farmtrac in a heartbeat.

Staysafe!
Dingeryote

Hate the $75 fill ups in my F 150 's .And it will get worse . Why didn't Ford straighten out the diesel Ranger ? Diesel Canyon , sure I'd buy one! Sick of fighting my Ethenol issues.

Hate the $75 fill ups in my F 150 's .And it will get worse . Why didn't Ford straighten out the diesel Ranger ? Diesel Canyon , sure I'd buy one! Sick of fighting my Ethenol issues.

Don't worry, I'm sure they are working on a way to use ethenol in diesel fuel too. lol

Jeep had a run with a Diesel Liberty as well.

The EPA and thier Stupid :censored:frickin Hippie:censored:Kissing, greenmaggot jerkoff regs . Killed em' all.

If it costs 50K for a 2wd diesel 1/2 ton, nobody will buy 'em, and they were costing that much because of compliance with nonsense standards the rest of the world wont tolerate.

Let's see what happens with the next gen of SRD attempts.

The push for Bio diesel might actually help.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Jeep had a run with a Diesel Liberty as well.

The EPA and thier Stupid :censored:frickin Hippie:censored:Kissing, greenmaggot jerkoff regs . Killed em' all.

If it costs 50K for a 2wd diesel 1/2 ton, nobody will buy 'em, and they were costing that much because of compliance with nonsense standards the rest of the world wont tolerate.

Let's see what happens with the next gen of SRD attempts.

The push for Bio diesel might actually help.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Owned a Diesel Liberty here in New Zealand. American built and the biggest steaming pile of s%&# i have ever owned. No wonder you have to import vehicles from other countries. A good example of why your auto industry is on the skids. At least with the Mahindra the upholstry will be well made.

Owned a Diesel Liberty here in New Zealand. American built and the biggest steaming pile of s%&# i have ever owned. No wonder you have to import vehicles from other countries. A good example of why your auto industry is on the skids. At least with the Mahindra the upholstry will be well made.

LOL!!!
American assembled anyway. Mostly Benz engineering with some lipstick.

Agreed on upholstry. I Dunno what the hell Jeep was thinking and still do.
The cloth is like cheap chineese T-shirt material, not like the good T-shirts made in Sri Lanka or Bangledesh. LOL!!!!!

The Liberty is NOT a good example of U.S. Made auto's, and is NOT a Jeep other than the badging.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Last I knew, the Duramax was an Isuzu..
Darn good diesel but still Jap.

Agreed on waiting for the Dodge or Chebby though.
If the fit and finish on the Mahindra tractors is similar to the trucks, they are gonna be the Suxor!!

Not to mention Mahindra can go the way of Farmtrac in a heartbeat.

Staysafe!
Dingeryote

Duramax was bought by GM about 4 years ago, Isuzu engineered the first engines, built them, then GM bought them out. The new 4.5L D-Max is being built at the Tonawanda Engine Plant, just outside of Buffalo, NY.

LOL!!!
American assembled anyway. Mostly Benz engineering with some lipstick.

Agreed on upholstry. I Dunno what the hell Jeep was thinking and still do.
The cloth is like cheap chineese T-shirt material, not like the good T-shirts made in Sri Lanka or Bangledesh. LOL!!!!!

The Liberty is NOT a good example of U.S. Made auto's, and is NOT a Jeep other than the badging.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

If the design, body, driveline and assembly are American then you can call the vehicle American. The engine is Italian and was the only thing that was built with any pride. It was the only part of the vehicle that gave no problems. Now own a Diesel Commander built in Europe and the finish and reliability is a giant step up from the four American built Jeeps we have owned. Have had no issues in 18 months from new and the Merc diesel is grunty, smooth and very economical. Am towing 2 or 3 ton regularly and the vehicle handles it with no problems, not like the liberty when you wondered if you would make it home at night!

I've heard of people taking 3.9L cummins and GM trannys out of grummund ,(like Frito Lay trucks) vans and putting them in half ton pickups and getting mid twenties for mileage. My aunt and uncle used to run Isuzu pups with diesels and get around 40 MPG and 250,000 plus miles on them......although they were pretty gutless.

Thats a pretty common swap. Look up 4btswaps.com. Its dedicated to that very thing. I can't figure out why they want to put a v6 diesel in the half ton trucks, unless it has something to do with emissions ####. The 4bt would be great for that application.

Back