New Disease

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeman82

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I heard from a friend a couple weeks ago about a new disease that seems to be spreading like wildfire through the area for the past 10+ years. It ultimatley leads to the death of the tree and is so severe where all that remains of the tree after infection is a pile of wood shavings / chips.

I believe my friend called it "chainsaw disease" :p

I thought it might be a good one for when you are removing a tree and somebody asks "why are you cutting that tree down?"

Instead of ribbons or large X's we used to put a reasonably sized but discreet Orange Dot on tree's to be removed...therefore creating O.D.D (orange dot disease) on all occasions a terminal condition.

i've relented to the same thing on occasion DTE, then adding some refrence to firewood for cooking some baby seal tonight; that tends to end the conversation. Think its the way i look with the Bug Eye goggles and chainsaw?

Like the ODD line though, wish i thought of it!

I've got one chainsaw named "Beetle" and another named "Oakwilt". That way they are all Beetle killed or Oakwilt fatalities.

People often ask, "So, you are a tree doctor?" I always say, "It depends on the day - some days tree doctor and others tree undertaker."

NATE

Hey Treeman,I don't believe trees get chainsaw disease,BUT,I know for a fact that people do.This disease mostly affects men and for what I know, there is no cure.I was in home depot sun. and heard the sales guy in the outside lawn dept. say that he sold 34 Poulan wildthangs that week.I would call that an epidemic!

Back