New Dolmar PS-6100!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am also very curious, how are you liking the new saw? What's your opinion of things like airfiltration, av, controls, handling, etc?

So far we are really liking the 6100. The master control switch is really nice. It took a bit to get used to starting it. It's so easy. AV works great but this is our first saw with springs instead if rubber bushings. The fit and finish isn't the same as a stihl but it is well built and doesn't feel cheap. I can't comment on it compared to the husky 562. But considering the price difference and watching Masterminds videos, this saw should not be overlooked.

It would be cool to try a muffler with more outlet Nate. I wish I would have had you send me an extra muffler.

I didn't open the muffler. Just took it off. Drilled out the two openings that you can see in the grid one millimetre extra. I also bent out the hole cover of the muffler outlet and drilled the hole half a millimetre extra out. Than I cut out some triangles/edges on the inside of the airfilter. And last but not least. I covered all holes that Dolmar made in the air filter housing (throttle cable hole, the three carb adjustment holes and most part of the stop/choke hole).
Didn't expect an amazing running saw could run even better with these moderate modifications but it did.
Well... To be honest, I did expect it.

Wolter

I have an extra muffler. The replacement muffler isn't as nice as the original it comes with so that will be the one I modify. The replacement looks like mild steel instead of stainless steel

I have an extra muffler. The replacement muffler isn't as nice as the original it comes with so that will be the one I modify. The replacement looks like mild steel instead of stainless steel

It should be stainless but it hasn't been through a heat cycle yet.

It should be stainless but it hasn't been through a heat cycle yet.
That may be true. I didn't look very close just pulled it out of the box and put it on the shelf

Latest posts

Back