New Dolmar PS-6100!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't actually get a chance to run it this weekend. I jusr carried it around in different positions for a bit. Feels odd with something on the outside of the clutch cover though. Dad will use it this week before i get a chance to. Cant wait to hear what he has to say

Finally got to use it a little. It didnt feel awkward and all or seem to affect the handling. The saw is a lot more stable when set on the ground too. No action shots but heres a pic of my trusty Foreman 450, the Dolmar and MS260. I meant to get a picture of the saws on top of the pile of wood we cut but didnt.IMG_0707[1].JPG IMG_0708[1].JPG

Got a euro style spike through 166. I think it looks a lot better and will take up less bar space. It's thicker than the stock freakshow and seems to be of high quality. I abandoned the 18" gb bar for now. Issues with that were in another thread. When I get my 120si going this bar will go on that and I'll get a new total bar for the 6100. Here's so static shots since I haven't been able to use it yet.
20150727_200836.jpg 20150727_200915.jpg 20150727_200934.jpg

I got it from The Cutting Edge in Greenwich, NY. You can contact AS member 166, or call the store at 518-692-2878. I dont how much it was because I ordered other stuff with it

Oh yeah lol. Definitely going to wait until a different day and better conditions. I hate being inside for work but the ac sure does feel nice.

For a while ive been chasing oiling issues with the 6100. It just never seemed to oil enough, and the bar and chain would get too hot. I always assumed it was the bar or oiler(clogged oil hole, not lining up correctly, pinched rail, tank vent, rakers too high etc) because we got a new Carlton chain after I messed up the stock safety chain. Well after issues with quality and fit of my cheapo 18" bar I just gave up and traded the chain I got for that for a new Oregon full chisel in 20" but dont recall the product number. All the oiling issues are gone. Has anyone had a similar experience? Is there a design difference that allows the Oregon to pull more oil around the bar? I havent taken the chain back off to compare drive links and other little differences. When I do, Ill take pics. Just was an interesting experience and though I would share.

For a while ive been chasing oiling issues with the 6100. It just never seemed to oil enough, and the bar and chain would get too hot. I always assumed it was the bar or oiler(clogged oil hole, not lining up correctly, pinched rail, tank vent, rakers too high etc) because we got a new Carlton chain after I messed up the stock safety chain. Well after issues with quality and fit of my cheapo 18" bar I just gave up and traded the chain I got for that for a new Oregon full chisel in 20" but dont recall the product number. All the oiling issues are gone. Has anyone had a similar experience? Is there a design difference that allows the Oregon to pull more oil around the bar? I havent taken the chain back off to compare drive links and other little differences. When I do, Ill take pics. Just was an interesting experience and though I would share.
I have noticed exactly the same thing - on some saws, with some setups.
I believe the extra work on the drivers of Oregon and stihl chain makes a difference in some situations.
I've never noticed it in 063, only 050....

Just curious has anyone ever rand a 6100 side by side to a 6400?? I would like to know the power diff. I know the 6400 is heavier, but man do they run for a 60 cc saw!!!

Just curious has anyone ever rand a 6100 side by side to a 6400?? I would like to know the power diff. I know the 6400 is heavier, but man do they run for a 60 cc saw!!!
The 6400 is a 79cc saw, but with a smaller jug. It should have more power than a 6100.

109494-54fb7fe73a932178b5ffb517bf90bfaa.jpg

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/performance-outdoors-60cc-comparison.273905/
6400 15lb doing a muffler mod and removing the cat plus the 2 internal baffles removes 9oz of weight
6100 13lb 4 oz

More than i thought. Mine is a early non cat model. I really thought it would go away after the 6100 but my dealer said he sells more 6400's than the 6100? He has demos of them both and always encourages them to run both first.

Maybe i should go up and run both!!

specs on dolmar site have the weight at 13.2lb and 14.1 lb so that may be where you got that they were closer. HP is also within .1hp but reality is that they are 2 totally different saws.

I really debated on both but ultimately decided on the 6100. They both run great but I liked the features on the 6100 more (fuel capacity and efficiency, weight, air filtration). The torque advantage of the 6400 really stands out on bigger stuff but for limbing and smaller diameter I would pick the 6100 every time. The 6400 may be heavy but its a runner and nothing to turn your nose up at. The 6100 feels like a 60cc class saw, which is a good thing. Now that I have a 7900 it doesnt matter lol. These two saws have made Dolmar my first choice and opened my eyes to the world outside Husqvarna and Stihl. The 7900 is like a sleeper saw because most dont know anything about them, which Ive had a lot of fun with so far.

Latest posts

Back