New Dolmar PS-6100!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really debated on both but ultimately decided on the 6100. They both run great but I liked the features on the 6100 more (fuel capacity and efficiency, weight, air filtration). The torque advantage of the 6400 really stands out on bigger stuff but for limbing and smaller diameter I would pick the 6100 every time. The 6400 may be heavy but its a runner and nothing to turn your nose up at. The 6100 feels like a 60cc class saw, which is a good thing. Now that I have a 7900 it doesnt matter lol. These two saws have made Dolmar my first choice and opened my eyes to the world outside Husqvarna and Stihl. The 7900 is like a sleeper saw because most dont know anything about them, which Ive had a lot of fun with so far.
:rock:

I really debated on both but ultimately decided on the 6100. They both run great but I liked the features on the 6100 more (fuel capacity and efficiency, weight, air filtration). The torque advantage of the 6400 really stands out on bigger stuff but for limbing and smaller diameter I would pick the 6100 every time. The 6400 may be heavy but its a runner and nothing to turn your nose up at. The 6100 feels like a 60cc class saw, which is a good thing. Now that I have a 7900 it doesnt matter lol. These two saws have made Dolmar my first choice and opened my eyes to the world outside Husqvarna and Stihl. The 7900 is like a sleeper saw because most dont know anything about them, which Ive had a lot of fun with so far.

Totally agree! When/if my 6400 does in. I will go back with the 79cc top end. But it runs to good now to mess with it.

I didn't open the muffler. Just took it off. Drilled out the two openings that you can see in the grid one millimetre extra. I also bent out the hole cover of the muffler outlet and drilled the hole half a millimetre extra out. Than I cut out some triangles/edges on the inside of the airfilter. And last but not least. I covered all holes that Dolmar made in the air filter housing (throttle cable hole, the three carb adjustment holes and most part of the stop/choke hole).
Didn't expect an amazing running saw could run even better with these moderate modifications but it did.
Well... To be honest, I did expect it.

Wolter
This sounds interesting but I am having a hard time picturing these mods.
Could someone share photos or explain it in more detail so I could understand?

Thought I would add some videos to this thread vs starting another one. @nnero hope you don't mind.
Cookie cutting.

Testing high heat operating.

Wrap handle.

Just eats oak up.

Enjoy

No problem, keep it going!! What did u use to paint in the "felling sight" marks? It looks good.
LOL you may laugh but a silver sharpie. As long as you don't get gas on it, it holds up really well. And if it does get gassed just while it and redo. Takes like 2 minstrel. It is very effective and works well.

Anybody want to watch the 6100 pull a 24" junk safety chain through a 20" + Hickory?

That is the type of chain they come with isn't it? those folded over depth gauges. At least if ordered with bar and chain as opposed to pho. Something to the effect because it is less than 65cc supposed to come with safer chain.

The video would be more impressive it the operator kicked the round so that it could be determined the health of the wood. My guess is the plus sign is not needed on the diameter.

I nor any one around me has or uses dolmars.... However I absolutely LOVE to run one on shagbark hickory myself to see what the business is!!!!

That is the type of chain they come with isn't it? those folded over depth gauges. At least if ordered with bar and chain as opposed to pho. Something to the effect because it is less than 65cc supposed to come with safer chain.

The video would be more impressive it the operator kicked the round so that it could be determined the health of the wood. My guess is the plus sign is not needed on the diameter.
No. It is just some old Oregon safety chain that gets beat up on wood like this.
Also I use all the wood I cut so not much point to waist my time on rotten wood. I am glad the + got your attention thank you for letting me know it worked.

I nor any one around me has or uses dolmars.... However I absolutely LOVE to run one on shagbark hickory myself to see what the business is!!!!
Shagbark is diabolical on chains. No matter what saw it is on. This one sat 15 yards from a gravel road and 20 yards from a creek. That bark just catches and keeps any debris and that gravel dust makes it even worse. 15-20 rounds and the chain is dull.

Back