NEW E-teck 346XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rspike

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just bought another 346XP , my other 346 was getting some time on it + i had some extra cash + cutting seasion is comming up again + its a saw i cant do with out it +++++ You know the story . Got the new saw delivered per internet sale/UPS and O'Man ! ............ THE GREEN GAS PLUG ! E-Tech stuff . So what ALL does this mean to me ? Can the Muff B Modded ? Carb adjustments B done ? What other E-Tech stuff is on her ? BTW It came with the "Nascar" bar on it ..........Thought about hanging the bar up and getting another or use it maybe because this bar is faster because it says "NASCAR" Ha.

a search for "E tech" will probably yield better info than I can provide. a nascar bar? could you post a picture of that one? I've never heard of, nor seen a bar from husky that says nascar on it.

Lawn Masters said:
a search for "E tech" will probably yield better info than I can provide. a nascar bar? could you post a picture of that one? I've never heard of, nor seen a bar from husky that says nascar on it.
Nascar must be some promo , a search for "Husqvarna nascar" will probably yield better info than I can provide. :cheers: I had to give the first guy $hit about "doing a search" because its ALWAYS the first answer to any question of every thread on this forum that is on topic. Here is the pic ------>

Something doesn't sound right here. The only saw with a NASCAR bar in Husky's price list is the 353. In addition to the the NASCAR logo on the bar, which wears off just as fast as any other bar paint, there is a NASCAR decal on the saw itself. It is a specially liscened model.

Also, I've never heard of an E-tech 346XP. You might want to take a look at the cylinder and see if it is the capped port design, which is the 353. Either that or the dealer was switching bars and fuel caps.

My local dealer has an E-tech 346 just as you described minus the Nascar bar sitting on the rack. I would imagine that there are extra bars floating around with the nascar logo, just as I have seen my stihl dealer put "Farm Boss" bars on other models besides the 290.

Last edited:
I have no experience with stock 346's but I've run 3 different ported 346's. One of them is an e-tech owned by my friend Timistal. Not a lot of hours on it but it seems just as fast as my two ported 346's.

The stock Husky (Oregon) bars suck regardless of what logo is painted on them. I've been running the GB Pro-Top 18" .325 on mine and they hold up great.

Rspike, yes the muffler can be modded and carb adjusted. Contact Rich Hoffman (rahtreelimbs) about the muffler mod. He did my E-tech 359 a few weeks ago and that thing runs awesome.

346 etech

my 346xpg is a etech model the only difference with a non etech is the stops on the carb screws and the muffler ,,, both problems are easy to come by, a carpet knife for the limiter caps and a drill or/and a dremel for the muffler :)

/kristoffer

SWE#Kipp said:
my 346xpg is a etech model the only difference with a non etech is the stops on the carb screws and the muffler ,,, both problems are easy to come by, a carpet knife for the limiter caps and a drill or/and a dremel for the muffler :)

/kristoffer
My new 372XP "had" the plastic stops. Not en etech 372xp ...........How long has Husky been putting the plastic stops on the carbs of there saws ?
HiOctane said:
The Etech got a different muffler,main jet,the needles limiter that you can dremel out.Thats all you got different.
I have done muffler mods on every chainsaw i have owned but not en etech with a sealed muffler with the baffle inside. I have set all my carb adjustments but havent messed with " the needles limiter that you can dremel out." Unless you speak of the plastic caps on the carb screws then yes i have taken them off .

Rspike said:
My new 372XP "had" the plastic stops. Not en etech 372xp ...........How long has Husky been putting the plastic stops on the carbs of there saws ?
I have done muffler mods on every chainsaw i have owned but not en etech with a sealed muffler with the baffle inside. I have set all my carb adjustments but havent messed with " the needles limiter that you can dremel out." Unless you speak of the plastic caps on the carb screws then yes i have taken them off .
Yes,the plastic caps.

skwerl said:
I have no experience with stock 346's but I've run 3 different ported 346's. One of them is an e-tech owned by my friend Timistal. Not a lot of hours on it but it seems just as fast as my two ported 346's.

The stock Husky (Oregon) bars suck regardless of what logo is painted on them. I've been running the GB Pro-Top 18" .325 on mine and they hold up great.

ive been running a 20"gb on my 346 .325 it runs it great,as i do all the stump grinding its handy to have the extra for final cuts.

E-Tech

I just looked at my owners manuals for the 372XP and the manual for the 346XP and the 372XP says (EPA l ) on the cover and the 346XP says (EPA ll ) on the cover. My guess would be the EPA l is the tabs/caps on the carb jets and EPA ll is the carb caps AND the cat Muffler.

Rspike said:
I just looked at my owners manuals for the 372XP and the manual for the 346XP and the 372XP says (EPA l ) on the cover and the 346XP says (EPA ll ) on the cover. My guess would be the EPA l is the tabs/caps on the carb jets and EPA ll is the carb caps AND the cat Muffler.

Mine says EPA Phase 1 on the sticker, and it doesn't say E-Tech anywhere. It doesn't have a silver muffler, which I think goes hand in hand with a catalitic converter muffler.

What do your stickers say?

twistedtree said:
Mine says EPA Phase 1 on the sticker, and it doesn't say E-Tech anywhere. It doesn't have a silver muffler, which I think goes hand in hand with a catalitic converter muffler.

What do your stickers say?
The sticker on the side says "E tech" and i do not have the silver muffler. Green cap on the gas , red and blue caps on the carb screws. side plate says its a 05 model.

I have an E tech 353 and the muffler was not silver but was black in color. It has since taken up space in on a shelf in my garage. I changed it. It was a CAT muffler. It had all the baffles inside and was stamped CAT.

spike60 said:
Also, I've never heard of an E-tech 346XP. You might want to take a look at the cylinder and see if it is the capped port design, which is the 353. Either that or the dealer was switching bars and fuel caps.
E-teck 346xp, 353, 357xp and 359 have been in the catalog here for some years as an option to the regular ones. The same is the case with the corresponding Jred models, but they are not called "E-tech".
You even have to pay extra to get the E-tech.:angry2:
Most dealers don't stock them, and I do not think they have sold a lot of them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back