New ECHO (And Shindaiwa) Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edge & Engine

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
Reaction score
At the GIE+EXPO today, saw ECHO's new chainsaws. 3 new rear handles coming out, and two top handles. A 35cc, 50cc and 55cc rear handles, and a 27 and 35cc top handles. I forgot to take my camera in today, I'll try to get pics tomorrow and post as soon as I get an internet connection on my laptop again.

The 55cc saw is the same as the CS-600P (but smaller displacement obviously). And this is something you Shindaiwa fans are going to like, the 50cc saw is the Shindaiwa 502s in Echo colors. The 35cc saw looks the same as the CS-310 with larger displacement. The new 27cc top handle is pretty neat, and a real lightweight. Unfortunately they didn't have demo models of the top handles yet.

Looks like Echo really wants to compete with the bigger guys. Could you tell if the 50cc and 55cc are clamshell engines or what?

Looks like Echo really wants to compete with the bigger guys. Could you tell if the 50cc and 55cc are clamshell engines or what?

They are both vertically split crankcases.

Dolmar has a new chainsaw coming too...a little baby 30 or 35cc, can't remember now.

Ive heard this before but im not sure i understand :confused:

Just like any regular pro saw, the crankcase and oil tank is all metal and split vertically.

Could you snap a couple pictures of the 555 and 560XP that Husq has there as well.

I'll try. Some booths aren't keen on the cameras being turned on their new products.

I'll try. Some booths aren't keen on the cameras being turned on their new products.

Thanks, It's been years since I've made the trip down to the expo.

The CS352, CS550P and CS350T were introduced in the 2011spring program up here in Canada but the CS280 and CS500P are news to me. It's good they kept the 502S design around for awhile yet.

Just like any regular pro saw, the crankcase and oil tank is all metal and split vertically.

Thanks for clearing that up ill rep ya:)

At the GIE+EXPO today, saw ECHO's new chainsaws. 3 new rear handles coming out, and two top handles. A 35cc, 50cc and 55cc rear handles, and a 27 and 35cc top handles. I forgot to take my camera in today, I'll try to get pics tomorrow and post as soon as I get an internet connection on my laptop again.

The 55cc saw is the same as the CS-600P (but smaller displacement obviously). And this is something you Shindaiwa fans are going to like, the 50cc saw is the Shindaiwa 502s in Echo colors. The 35cc saw looks the same as the CS-310 with larger displacement. The new 27cc top handle is pretty neat, and a real lightweight. Unfortunately they didn't have demo models of the top handles yet.
Hey Kyle thank you for meeting me at the expo i enjoyed the fellowship and loved meeting you and your family you all be careful going back to new york im heading back to nc tomorrow afternoon too tired to get on the road tonight

Last edited:
Here is a recent pic of an Echo 450. The second pic is the 600P sitting next to a Husqvarna 346xp. I appologize for an earlier thread where I mis-identified this saw as a 6000. This should give you some reference to the 600's size.

I ran this saw right out of the box so it didn't have any break-in. The AV was excellent and it had decent power. I would expect it to pick up some after break-in. It comes with a 5 year consumer waranty so that is something to consider.

attachment.php

Here is the 600P sitting next to a 346XP.
attachment.php

A new Echo top handle saw, jeez, if they have a nice clean running strato type setup they'd probably be just about grunty enough to run indoors, say in the kitchen, as a handy egg-beater or even maybe a thick-shake maker or possibly a neat little gadget for carving the Turkey at Christmas(just as long as it's not a tough Turkey)

Latest posts

Back