New Echo CS-360T Top-Handle Impressions!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rahtreelimbs

A.K.A Rotten Tree Limbs
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Amoungst My Saws........Fool That Has Too Many!!!
I picked up a new Echo CS-360T last week. Initial impressions on this saw are good! The saw has the carb in the rear of the top handle like an 020T/200T does. The saw has a master control of sorts that is more like a 335. The biggest drawback is the muffler. It has a catalytic converter and a baffle that is real restrictive. I didn't even cut with the saw in stock form. I cut the muffler open and eliminated and opend the muffler. I also hade the carb fully adjustable. In this form the saw is pretty responsive. Torque is good and cutting RPM is good also! The 360T is not an 020T/200T but a seemingly good alternative. When the saw gets broken in I will get a better impression, for now all looks good!

CS330T%20and%20360T.jpg

Last edited:
Great review on this saw as I wondered about it myself. I have an Echo blower that I used for the last 20 years model PB210. I have had nothing but good luck with this hand held blower. When I replace it will be with the same exact model. I will probably keep and rebuild old carb and use old muffler on the new one in case they are restricted.

Was the muffler mod difficult to do on the CS-360T? How does it start up for you when cold? This saw is more affordable then the 200T and for homeowner or ocassional use should be just what the Doctor ordered. It would most likely out perform the 192T. The weight of the 192T is hard to beat though.

stump doctor said:
Great review on this saw as I wondered about it myself. I have an Echo blower that I used for the last 20 years model PB210. I have had nothing but good luck with this hand held blower. When I replace it will be with the same exact model. I will probably keep and rebuild old carb and use old muffler on the new one in case they are restricted.

Was the muffler mod difficult to do on the CS-360T? How does it start up for you when cold? This saw is more affordable then the 200T and for homeowner or ocassional use should be just what the Doctor ordered. It would most likely out perform the 192T. The weight of the 192T is hard to beat though.

The muffler mod was not that hard provided you have someway to cut the muffler open and weld it back up. As for cold starting, the weather only recently got real cold. When I get a chance I will find out. One thing to mention is that with the limiter caps off the carb can richened to help accomodate cold starting woes.

rahtreelimbs said:
As for cold starting, the weather only recently got real cold. When I get a chance I will find out. One thing to mention is that with the limiter caps off the carb can richened to help accomodate cold starting woes.

I have read somewhere on a dealers site they actually recommend against removing the caps as the screws now a days do not include springs so there could be a chance of movement of the screws which could change your adjustments. Is this some thing that really happens, or are they just using scare tactics to keep us from playing with the carb settings?

stump doctor said:
I have read somewhere on a dealers site they actually recommend against removing the caps as the screws now a days do not include springs so there could be a chance of movement of the screws which could change your adjustments. Is this some thing that really happens, or are they just using scare tactics to keep us from playing with the carb settings?

These adjustment screws are set in nylon and are harder to turn than some spring retained screws. At the rate I check my saws that is a non-issue for me. I just don't like being limited on these adjustments!

Stump Doctor, welcome to the site!

Most folks do nto actually remove the limiter caps entirely - rather just eliminate the tang that limits the rotation...rahtreelimbs please correct me if I am mistaken...

You can remove the limiters, adjust the carb, then reinstall the limiters in the center position so you stil have plenty of adjustment.
On my little Husky, the limiters actually create a seal for the airbox, once removed, the rubber seal around the screws isn't air tight anymore.

Back