New Echo Pro saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Echo carb manual - has adjustment tool numbers and carb settings.
By any chance do you have the new 2023 manual that would have the info on the cs-4920. I have the tool but I can't find anything that tells how to pull the caps. It is a new carb Echo has, GC-04-01. We already tried on one saw and got the low speed cap off but still can't turn the adjusting screw any further than factory settings.

By any chance do you have the new 2023 manual that would have the info on the cs-4920. I have the tool but I can't find anything that tells how to pull the caps. It is a new carb Echo has, GC-04-01. We already tried on one saw and got the low speed cap off but still can't turn the adjusting screw any further than factory settings.
No I do not have the 2023 manual. Did you see the 4920 with that carb is listed on page 13 of the 2022 manual.

Long drywall screw.
I have used that trick but I like to accumulate tools.
There are 2 Echo tools. One is a 2.5mm, #91075, the other is a 3mm, #91076. They are both threaded for the plastic limiter caps. Start with the 2.5 first, if that won't pull the cap then use the 3mm.

The 2.5 mm carb limiter tool i have is left hand threaded. Bought for a SRM 225 tiller. PN 91075
https://www.sawsuppliers.com/products/91075
Awesome, thanks.
Is there a better source than echopartsonline?

No I do not have the 2023 manual. Did you see the 4920 with that carb is listed on page 13 of the 2022 manual.
I just saw page 13 and what you were talking about. I have the 91027 screwdriver and the 91157 puller. I guess I'll have to get a friend of mine to contact Echo so we can see how to get the cap off and be able to adjust the carb. Thanks for the reply.

I have used that trick but I like to accumulate tools.

Awesome, thanks.
Is there a better source than echopartsonline?
I have been looking all over for about 45 minutes and this link is the only place that has one of the tools. https://sleequipment.com/echo-and-shindaiwa-genuine-part-91075-2-5mm-limiter-cap-tool.html. That is for the 91075, the 91076 I can't find anyone that has one. Also, I know nothing about the company I gave you the link to. I didn't see it on Echo parts On-line either.

I have been looking all over for about 45 minutes and this link is the only place that has one of the tools. https://sleequipment.com/echo-and-shindaiwa-genuine-part-91075-2-5mm-limiter-cap-tool.html. That is for the 91075, the 91076 I can't find anyone that has one. Also, I know nothing about the company I gave you the link to. I didn't see it on Echo parts On-line either.
I have been looking as well but they are sold out or discontinued everywhere. I'm gonna take a chance on that link. I will report back.

edit: $16 shipping. Well I am going to think on it.

You might try one of these from Stihl. I use mine on a lot of different caps. https://www.ebay.com/itm/3348479096...ceE93AIS31JhLzmAQHJJVq8gYPJooebBoCxzAQAvD_BwE

I kinda want to try a 50-60 cc echo but not sure which one is best.
I have a cs 590. I paid 200$ for it brand new so I'm biased right out of the gate just on cost alone. Performance wise I don't have much experience. I had a loner 291, of course Not a pro model but I've ran a 461 and a 661 and I love all 3. My Jonsered 2255 was stolen, man I miss that fired up bastard. But the 590, much more saw for sure and I love it. I loved doing the plunge cuts w the other saws, the 590, I've yet to figure which chain I need for that. As it comes, it wants to buck like a buffalo and try and saw your face in half but other than that...

Would a 2.5 mm Screw Extractor work? They are left-hand thread tools and the deal about removing the limiter caps is you have to line up the notch in the cover with the flute on the plastic limiter to pull the limiter out. The 91075 2.5MM LIMITER CAP TOOL is a left-hand thread screw. The problem with using a right-hand screw is the screw will back out before you can line up the notch in the cover with the flute on the plastic limiter. With left-hand thread screw you won't have that problem.

I have a cs 590. I paid 200$ for it brand new so I'm biased right out of the gate just on cost alone. Performance wise I don't have much experience. I had a loner 291, of course Not a pro model but I've ran a 461 and a 661 and I love all 3. My Jonsered 2255 was stolen, man I miss that fired up bastard. But the 590, much more saw for sure and I love it. I loved doing the plunge cuts w the other saws, the 590, I've yet to figure which chain I need for that. As it comes, it wants to buck like a buffalo and try and saw your face in half but other than that...
My first thought is...are you filing the rakers? If so you are probably taking too much off causing the cutter to take too big of a bite and causing the bucking.

Latest posts

Back