New England Super braid

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TreeAce

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Anyone useing it? I just got a 150ft of 1/2 inch from Sherrill and so far I would say it appears to be the biggest POS rope I have ever had in my hands. It hackles up real bad and makes all those little loops. It feels almost as rigid as my wire core flip line. Its brand spanking new mind you so i am wondering if it just needs broke in? Right now I am sure it wont run through a porta wrap worth a crap. i am pissed. I hope I am wrong and its not crap. I think it would make an excellent zip line. otherwise i am not even slghtly digging it. Any thoughts? I am not sure Sherrill will take it back since I opened the bag and cut the zip tie. I wish I would just bought another double Esterlon.

Anyone useing it? I just got a 150ft of 1/2 inch from Sherrill and so far I would say it appears to be the biggest POS rope I have ever had in my hands. It hackles up real bad and makes all those little loops. It feels almost as rigid as my wire core flip line. Its brand spanking new mind you so i am wondering if it just needs broke in? Right now I am sure it wont run through a porta wrap worth a crap. i am pissed. I hope I am wrong and its not crap. I think it would make an excellent zip line. otherwise i am not even slghtly digging it. Any thoughts? I am not sure Sherrill will take it back since I opened the bag and cut the zip tie. I wish I would just bought another double Esterlon.

It hockles bad but is strong as #### and is great for natural crotching. Never used the half inch but have used 5/8ths for the past 2 years. Just retired those lines. I'm now running 9/16ths Samson stable braid which still hockles less but is no where near as good for natural crotching.

stable braid isnt designed to be used for natural crotch rigging.

Not much is anymore from what I can tell. They claim a high abrasion resistance on Sherrill so I'm going with it for now. I don't always natural crotch but it comes in handy on a regular basis.

I use a rope rescue kermantle rope for natural crotching. It holds up pretty good, only bad thing is it is stiffer then arborist rope so you have to set your knots. Here is the info from baileys website on the last rope i got.

Pelican Rope NFPA Static Rescue Line
This static rescue rope is UL approved to NFPA specifications. It features a block creel static kernmantle construction. This life line is among the finest for fire and rescue services. The rope features a polyester cover over a nylon core that provides maximum energy absorption and is firm and flexible enough to be tied. It offers resistance to most chemicals and has excellent retention in extreme conditions. It is ideal for safety, rescue, climbing and rappelling. Pelican's kernmantle rope is treated to minimize outer cover "milking". Weighs .09 lbs./ft. Average breaking strength 10,500 lbs.
NOTE: UL Certified to NFPA 1983-2006 edition standards.

I do alot of natural crotch rigging. i multi crotch alot to. That was the key selling point to me on Sherrills web site. But I dont think it will do well with a porta wrap at all. I dont use the porta wrap much cuz 95% of the time I am up in the tree but I do know that hackles and porta wraps dont mix well at all. And theres nothing worse than a rope that gets those little "loopies". as the rope slides through your hands those loops hit your hand and screw it all up. I think I am gonna see if I can return it.

I used one once and hated it, it was like working with a hardened garden hose. Stable braid all the way for false crotch, hell I would use my safety blue three strand over the Super Stiff junk or my Bull rigger 12 for natty crotch.

Ya its going back. the lady at sherrill was real helpful. Its NP to send it back. I just gotta eat the shipping but thats fine.

Sherrill tree just pissed me off big time. Rude asz lady on the phone. I will NEVER buy from them again. More on this to come when I have more time.

Sherrill tree just pissed me off big time. Rude asz lady on the phone. I will NEVER buy from them again. More on this to come when I have more time.

Ya, I only shop at treestuff now, sherrill tree say's free shipping over $100...ya right, they wanted to charge me ship for a large portawrap and big shot, treestuff was free ship so I bought it from him.

Went to order 150ft.of bluemoon from sherrill, they wanted to get me for ship, I said why? they said it ships from the factory...I got it from treestuff, again free ship... just my .02cent

I put this where sherrill can find it to

Long story short, I bought 1/2 inch super braid rigging line. I hated it as soon as I touched it. far to stiff for my liking. I called Sherrill tree about a return. I explained to the women on the phone that I had it outa the package, cut the zip tie, and had it out in my yard in an effort to work the endless twists and kinks out of it. It was terrible. I tossed the rope over a low limb in my yard and pulled it back and forth a few times. Still no good. I explained this all to the women on the phone from sherrill. She told me it was fine and that a return was no problem. OK cool...I thought. So I paid the shipping and sent it back. Damn thing shows back up today with a note that says cannot be returned. USED. Oh ok....so I call sherrill. The lady who answers this time was nice until I told her why i was calling. Then she got a real attitude with me.She REALLY pissed me off. VERY rude. Had a smug HO HUM attitude. It WILL be the last time I ever do business with sherrill tree again. Personally, I think Sherrill is just to big for there damn britches. I will take my business else where.

i buy all my stuff from wesspur, free shipping over 100.00. never had a problem with them, they are all great people to deal with. especially nice guy Dave.

Back