New Gas & Oil caps on the 066??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

z4lunch

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Steve here...
Buddy of mine is in the market for a new 066. Claims he's holdn' out for the new caps to come out on it, like on the MS460... Anyone have any idea if that will ever happen any time soon.
Steve

I dont know when they are coming out. only reason i can think they dont have them is they are still made in germany/brazil and not us.

I've got a new MS250 and it's got the new caps. You can't keep trash from getting down in around the "filler holes". They've got O-rings on the cap but they don't pull all the trash back up when you remove the caps. I find myself wiping the the sealing surface out with my finger before putting the caps back on. The design is ok, it's easy to open them but I've got mixed feelings about them. If you overfill the oil, man will you have a mess when it's time fuel up again, lots of places to collect dust and chips. I wouldn't wait on the new caps I'd get an older 066 now.
Grateful

I think Grateful's point is that you could clean around the old style easier than the new style. And even if you opened a cap without cleaning first, you could easily wipe any crud away from the hole with your finger. If you open a new style cap without cleaning well FIRST, you're screwed.

Exactly Treeclimber, I'm rigging up a small 2 gallon air tank to take with me just for such stuff as cleaning off the caps before opening them. I still don't believe it will get the crude out from above the seal areas but it might help. The 2 gallon won't hold much but I don't want to lug my 9 gallon tank with me. The 2 gallon was a freebie.:D D@mn cold as it is right now, suppose to be 1 tonight with 20-30mph winds, I might do it up tomorrow. On my 046 you can clean around them with a brush or rag and get most of it. I'll try to take some close-ups of the caps and the seal area post them tomorrow.
Later,
Grateful

Back