New groundie small talk

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NCTREE

NCTREE

Addicted to ArboristSite
So I got this new sidekick groundie aspiring climber working for me. This kid is the shiznat, he has worked for two years with two other companys. He is 6'7" and can climb. Let me tell you in my 5 years in businees this has got to be the best groundie I have ever had. I plan on keeping this kid around. It is such a weight off my shoulders not having an idiot as my ground guy.

Anyways we were talking about some of the past tree cos he has worked for one of which was a crackhead who smoked up on the job. This kid has already told me i'm god sent compare to these other guys so I guess in sense we were made for eachother ahhh!
So i had him up in a pin oak today with me deadwooding it. I had my cambium saver install. He went on to say that he never saw it used to climb on. I asked him what did he think it was for? He explained that the last guy he worked for used it as a rigging device in the crotch of a tree. He said that they would rig big wood onto the cambium saver. I almost #### myself! The guy was too lazy to go back up into the tree to retreive his block so he used a cambium saver. He never used a throwline to retreive the cambium saver, he would just yank it out of the tree. Has anyone ever heard of this?