New guy looking for advice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As someone looking to start a full time tree business, I am watching this thread with interest. One thing I'm curious about is insurance. I've been doing "side work" off the books for a few years now, but want to get insured if I go full time. Those of you with businesses, how long before you got insured and what's your coverage/premiums like (this will probably vary by region, etc)? Did you take out loans to start out for equipment, or buy as you got bigger and/or could afford it?
a you should always have insurance, insurance is not expensive fuel is expensive. A rope slipping off a log and hitting a house and they come and take your equiptment that's expensive.

I fully plan on having insurance, just trying to find out more about it, like how much coverage to have and what the premiums might be like. Right now I work for a large company (which I don't realky like), but am looking to go out on my own.

I took the class at ACRT and had a great time. I feel that I did learn quite a bit and got to network with some cool guys. I think that the best part of the whole deal was spending the time learning from people that know a lot more than me. It was a "basic" class, but it made a huge difference.

Latest posts

Back