New guy with a question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buildmyown

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello everyone been lurking for a couple of days great site. Here is a quick intro i'm 28 and been using saws since I was about 10 with my dad. He had me helping de limb trees with a homelite XL2 first saw still have it needs to be fixed. He had a Craftsman 2.3A which I still have needs to be gone threw that saw had to have cut about 100 cords over the years. The first new big saw that I got from a neighbor that used it once was a Homelite 150 automatic this was a great saw that ended up quiting on me in April of this year doing storm clean up didn't have time to look at so I went out and bought a Hasqavana 345 and I love it, but it has already developed a problem.

Here is the problem when running for an exteded time when delimbing and bucking up a tree the saw will start to bog down and quit on me I then have to let the saw sit for about an hour so it will restart. The last time it did this I checked the bar oil and fuel why I was letting the saw cool off. I tried to start and much to my surprise she fired right up. I went on with my cutting and again about 20 min of running the saw started to act up again so I cracked the gas cap a little and the problem went away. I took it to the dealer and explained in detail what was going on it is still under warrenty. They looked at it and I got the saw back this weekend they said that the choke was not hooked up and that was the problem. I went about cutting about a cord and the saw started to act up again same problem same cure crack the fuel cap and go about my day.

I think that the saw is vapor locking am I correct?

I will be bringing it back to the dealer again after the holiday.

Does anyone know if there was a recall or service bulletin for this saw?

Thanks for any help after reading the world longest intro.

Thanks guys that is what I told them the first time but in one ear out the other. If the saw was out of warrenty I would take care of it myself but I will let them deal with it.

Back