new guy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe25DA

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Hey guys new to the site, not new to saws. I recently picked up 6 saws in various stages of repair for $150. Im totally hooked now and cant wait to get them ripping! Heres what I have:
Homelite 330, this saw is complete, ordered the original manual on ebay should be here soon. Some research has led me to believe I should replace the intake boot on the carb? I think the saw is an '85 or so. the comp feels good, havent tested it yet.
Craftsman MicroThis is a newer saw ('94) also complete The bar tip was worn right thru so I scrapped that. Also the levers that catch the recoil werent catching, a little pb blaster fixed that. got the saw running as good as possible, but wasnt responding to well to carb adjustments, so a rebuild kit is on the way.
Mac eager beaver 2.0After carb clean and adjust this saw is running great just needs the b/c adjustment screw.
Poulan super XXV DAOk I have 2 of these, my dads which is complete, in mint shape but needs carb rebuild and fuel lines and the frankensaw I got from my shop. It has no b/c, the carb was off in a bag, and a craftsman 2.3 recoil case. Im workin on frankensaw first cause im doing the same thing to both (rather screw up on that saw) So I pulled the carb apart it is soaking right now rebuild kit in tomm. the saw is actually in great shape! I have it totally pulled apart and cleaned it good. What a pain to do fuel lines! Ive been told these are good saws. What you guys think?
The last saw really made this a good deal I think, I got an 04 (low hrs used to cut skids!) Husky 365. All this needs is a fuel tank (the seam is cracked) It runs strong. It has an 18" bar how much bigger can it handle?
I just finished a mighty mite bantam (my dads climbing saw) carb rebuild and new 14" oregon b/c. over 30 years old and 140psi! that saw is awesome. My workhorse for the past 4yrs is my ps-540. no complaints there. I look forward to learning more from you guys, sorry this is a mile long, thanks for any info

Welcome to AS!

That's a fair number of saws for $150!

You can check here for info on your saws, and I believe that includes recommended bar sizes.

http://www.acresinternet.com

Some of those saws sound quite familiar in that some of the members here have or have worked on all of those saws. I'm sure they'll be along to answer your questions much better than I can.

:cheers:

Latest posts

Back