New here: Got a question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grudy

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have a husky 142 and stihl woodboss 028 av, my question is; I got a new bar and chain for the stihl(20") and was wondering if the 18" stihl bar will fit on the husky that currently has a 16" bar, as well if it will fit does anybody know what chain I need. If someone knows this that would be great.
Thanks For you Help
Paul

Im gonna say no they wont interchange. Husky and Stihl have different stud sizes for sure. Im sure others will come along with more knowledge.:)

No stihl uses a 12mm mount and Husky uses 8.2 (I believe) and then there is a large husky and small husky mount. I'm not sure if the adapter you can buy from Baileys would work for you or not but I don't think so. Good luck and welcome to the site.:)

PS after looking, the bar adapter from Baileys only works from Stihl to large Husky I believe 372 and up

Last edited:
No stihl uses a 12mm mount and Husky uses 8.2 (I believe) and then there is a large husky and small husky mount. I'm not sure if the adapter you can buy from Baileys would work for you or not but I don't think so. Good luck and welcome to the site.:)

PS after looking, the bar adapter from Baileys only works from Stihl to large Husky I believe 372 and up

Thanks for correcting my mistake ... I deleted my post

The husky 142 likely has a 3/8 lo pro chain, and the 028 has a .325.

Ya this is really what I want to do, is put a .325 chain on the husky, but i don't know what bar and chain combo i need or if i need to change the sprocket to do this

Last edited:
Rim Sprocket

I usually utilize Rim Sprocket to use different chain pitch.

(Rim) Sprocket, Chain, and Bar Nose Sprocket need to have same pitch.
And Bar Mortor Mount Type has to agree with the Power Head.

You need to be careful selecting chain length (# of DL), since some bars call for # of DL assuming Spur Sprocket and could be too short for Rim Sprocket.

Thank you.
Noko

I tried some .325 Narrow Kerf chain on a smaller saw and wouldn't go back to anything I've used before.

The bar I used was an Oregon Pro-Lite 160SLGK095 like here .
The chain was 66 DL's of Oregon 95P like here .
This .325-7 Power-Mate rim and drum should fit without issue from here .

There are longer bars and chains to fit your Husky , but If I get into bigger wood than this I crank up a bigger saw.

Back