New hotblast stove

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

micah5634

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi to all i,m new on here but have read alot of very good advice drove 300 miles today but got a great deal on a new us stove hotblast 1400 for 740.00 on clearence at orchelins.This is my first wood stove but had to do something my propane bill so far this year is 1500.00 a good chainsaw is next on the list.

a good chainsaw is next on the list.

There is no such thing as ONE good chainsaw here on AS.
You need a minimum of three chainsaws for a fireplace
Six chainsaws for a wood stove
Ten chainsaws for a OWB
And remember if ten saws is good, fifteen must be better

Welcome

and let me be the first to suggest a Dolmar 5100 for the 12 inch and under stuff and a 7900 for the big stuff..

There is no such thing as ONE good chainsaw here on AS.
You need a minimum of three chainsaws for a fireplace
Six chainsaws for a wood stove
Ten chainsaws for a OWB
And remember if ten saws is good, fifteen must be better

Congratulations on the wood stove, my propane consumption dropped about 99% since I installed me OWB. You will save a lot of money heating with wood.

Do not listen to this guy! His advice always comes with a very high price.

But the 5100 and 7900 that ericjeeper suggested would work very well.

Huskyman will suggest all the saws within 40 square miles for a start.

Hi to all i,m new on here but have read alot of very good advice drove 300 miles today but got a great deal on a new us stove hotblast 1400 for 740.00 on clearence at orchelins.This is my first wood stove but had to do something my propane bill so far this year is 1500.00 a good chainsaw is next on the list.

Oh please tell ME The location of that store, soon, like now. PM me I've been lookin for a deal on one -a -them.

OP , sweet deal !! A blower dosnt let me go "off grid" as easily but have looked at them contemplating using one for now.

Orschelns in Ark City (Ks) had one last week. All wood heaters were 25% off or more. WestLake Ace has deals going on at about the same rate. Dont remember what they had exactly but will go in the morning to see whats left if interested.

The Orschelns here also has a 5 HP splitter for $500, hmmm tempting.

Thanks for the info i would like to have a 5100 but no dealers for 120 miles I guess i will have to stick with husky-stihl-shindaiwa or jonsered so i can get parts and stuff.

Stihl is hard to beat for dealers, and the 361 is a hell of a saw. My choice was a used one though, just saw a ported one here on AS for 465.

Back