"New" Husky 350

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PA Plumber

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I don't think I have gone over to the other "orange" side yet... I only have a couple of them, now. :)

Picked up a new 350 recently. Part Number: 967 01 88-00
The serial number starts with an 07.

The saw has never been used but the 1st owner did pull the muffler and it is missing a few other parts.
Not sure why the parts are missing. He has passed away and his daughter is cleaning out the garage.

Is this a 2007 EPA 1 saw?
Is there a chance someone would have an IPL for this or is the 350 pretty much a 350 the world over?

I did find an older IPL, but it shows an extra part between the muffler/muffler gasket and the cylinder. Not sure if this saw should have that part.

Following are some pics.

Thanks for any help.

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
i think the part is a deflector sheild

deflector then gasket then muffler this is how my 351 is looks like nice saw

Pssssst! You...yeah you...c'mere...sum'n I gotta tell you...2171...trust me...

Now how in the world did you sniff this one out?

Hardly any posts and this thread was just a sitt'n here a mind'n it's own business.

I'm worried you might just be keep'n track of my Husky purchases.

BTW, there is no way I could swing that 2171 purchase right now. I've got saws just a sitt'n on the shelf.

I know some you all can get away with that, but it's a little tough for me. My wife is a good counter. And, yep, she knows what number this 350 is.

Now how in the world did you sniff this one out?

Hardly any posts and this thread was just a sitt'n here a mind'n it's own business.

I'm worried you might just be keep'n track of my Husky purchases.

BTW, there is no way I could swing that 2171 purchase right now. I've got saws just a sitt'n on the shelf.

I know some you all can get away with that, but it's a little tough for me. My wife is a good counter. And, yep, she knows what number this 350 is.

I think you ought to drop that one off over here you won't like it anyway after running your 441.....:)

Welp, got all of the parts ordered.

Looks like the saw will run me a little over a $100.00 bucks when it's all said and done.

Hopefully it's worth at least that much. ;)

I don't think I have gone over to the other "orange" side yet... I only have a couple of them, now. :)

Picked up a new 350 recently. Part Number: 967 01 88-00
The serial number starts with an 07.

The saw has never been used but the 1st owner did pull the muffler and it is missing a few other parts.
Not sure why the parts are missing. He has passed away and his daughter is cleaning out the garage.

Is this a 2007 EPA 1 saw?
Is there a chance someone would have an IPL for this or is the 350 pretty much a 350 the world over?

I did find an older IPL, but it shows an extra part between the muffler/muffler gasket and the cylinder. Not sure if this saw should have that part.

Following are some pics.

Thanks for any help.

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php

It probably has the detuned 52cc 353 engine (dished piston, same cylinder).

It looks like the PO removed all the carb stuff. Green caps and cat muffler are the only differences I know of. You would probably replace the cat muffler anyway??
Dok

The original purchaser did leave the fuel cap. It is gray (hopefully it's the original)

It sounds like the 350 doesn't have a cat muffler due to high heat.

Not sure what I have planned for this saw. Have thought about reselling it. Haven't investigated what it should even be worth.

On the other hand, the thought has gone through my mind that it wouldn't hurt to have a 50cc saw sitting on the shelf as a back up.

I do have a couple of projects done now, maybe I should try to sell them and get a 2171 or just put the $$ towards the root canal I just had done today.:cry:

Man, lots of hard decisions.:greenchainsaw:

I'm thinking that the po bought that saw "as is" from a box store. Never used and missing parts? Looks like one of saws at Lowe's where the fuel & oil caps are stolen off of the display models. No reason to remove the caps otherwise. There was a problem with some 350's loosing muffler screws. The store might have robbed the screws out of it to replace those on another saw. Who knows where the employee put the muffler to it. The daughter of the po might have it and not realize what it is for.

You took the words right out of my mouth... :D :D :D

Okay... Here's what I got.

1 - HS 85 Stihl Hedge trimmer with a 30" cutter bar. Piston is in excellent shape and it runs like a top. Has new fuel lines and filter housing. Homeowner use only

1 - Husky 350. New. I have parts ordered so it should be together by next week sometime.

How much credit could I get for the above toward a 2171?

Okay... Here's what I got.

1 - HS 85 Stihl Hedge trimmer with a 30" cutter bar. Piston is in excellent shape and it runs like a top. Has new fuel lines and filter housing. Homeowner use only

1 - Husky 350. New. I have parts ordered so it should be together by next week sometime.

How much credit could I get for the above toward a 2171?

Just a dumb question but why would you want a 2171?

Just a dumb question but why would you want a 2171?

Ohhh, I get it now.

What you were really trying to say is by throwing in the Stihl HS-85, I was waaayyyy overkilling the deal.

Good point. I'll pull that out of the mix.:)

BTW, I do not have any intentions of trying to buy a 2171. I don't use all of the saws that are sitting around here anyway. Somehow, they are reproducing.

Have a 440 sitting in the back room and an Echo CS-346 in the garage. I don't know what happened, but there is now a Husky 350 in the basement. Kinda odd!:monkey:

Latest posts

Back