New Husky 372XP question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawjo

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just picked up a brand new one this weekend. Tag says made in 2011 and its the x-torq. The decompression valve is a black button on the top right of the saw. I thought they were blue and on the right side of cyclinder, when did they change? By the way, saw doesn't like to start or pop with the decompression valve pushed in.

you have the new x torq EPA version.

Supposed to have a tad more power and use less fuel.

I own a 2011 model and the release is on the top of the engine cover on the right side and it is black, not blue as you have stated.

As for starting the saw, I dont do drop starts, place the saw on the ground and try to start that way, much safer and works very well.

2-4 pulls and the saw comes to life.

On cold starts I always use the decompression release and it fires right up.

My 372 xt is about a year old now, it kicks a##

I even let it enjoy the views from the deck after a long day of cutting as I am cracking open a Sierra Nevada.:givebeer:

I have basically the same saw only it is the 365 xtorq, mine also says 2011. Bought it about 6 weeks ago. The compression release is black, the choke lever is blue on these saws. I have found that if I use the compression release the thing will not start forever! If i don't it can sit for a week and it will start right up. Coworker just bought a new Husky also, smaller one though, he says the same thing about his. I learned real quick not to use it and so did he. Said he mentioned it to one of his buddies who runs husky and he said the same thing, don't use cause it won't start.

I own a 2011 model and the release is on the top of the engine cover on the right side and it is black, not blue as you have stated.

As for starting the saw, I dont do drop starts, place the saw on the ground and try to start that way, much safer and works very well.

2-4 pulls and the saw comes to life.

On cold starts I always use the decompression release and it fires right up.

My 372 xt is about a year old now, it kicks a##

I even let it enjoy the views from the deck after a long day of cutting as I am cracking open a Sierra Nevada.:givebeer:

The color of that button has varied between blue and black (most have been blue though), it doesn't matter anyway.

I don't like to start saws on the ground, and feel that a correctly executed drop start is safer with most saws - at least with the 70cc and less ones I have used.
If the bar is long, make sure the brake is on, rest the bar tip on something unabrasive, and "drop start" the rear end of the saw.

The xt verion is a bit heavier than the older ones, in addition to the slightly higher power rating - and have been reported to be slightly more "cold blooded" (I don't really know).

id be taking that saw back to the dealer. I AM NOT fond of those new 372 XTORQ saws. they dont seem to have as much compression new out of the box as the older models. So mabie the decom is bleeding too much compression off and causing the hard starting

id be taking that saw back to the dealer. I AM NOT fond of those new 372 XTORQ saws. they dont seem to have as much compression new out of the box as the older models. So mabie the decom is bleeding too much compression off and causing the hard starting

Funky what seems to be the issues with the new 365/372 xtorq saws that you are not fond of?

The 365 price is really good and can be turned into a 372 easily. I was looking at a 576 but have been following a few threads where the carbs are junk, bummer. And the Stihl prices around me are right at msrp and pretty steep, just shy of $1000 for the 440 and 460! I am really close to pulling the trigger on a mid-sized saw so any info would be appreciated.

There was a bulletin I thought that spike mentioned about erratic idle and it being fixed with a coil change if I remember right.

Funky what seems to be the issues with the new 365/372 xtorq saws that you are not fond of?

The 365 price is really good and can be turned into a 372 easily. I was looking at a 576 but have been following a few threads where the carbs are junk, bummer. And the Stihl prices around me are right at msrp and pretty steep, just shy of $1000 for the 440 and 460! I am really close to pulling the trigger on a mid-sized saw so any info would be appreciated.

An older 372xp is fine. If I was buying a new saw, it would have to be first choice: ms440, second choice: older used 372xp, third choice: ms460
You can pull up older threads about that Xtorq problems, no need to raise my blood pressure over this for the eleven teenth time, I have plenty of other stuff to get my heart racing LOL

Last edited:
I have prepped 4 or more 372xpxt for customers at the shop. Using the decompression, normal starting I have experienced. Might be something off with yours.

I have read a Whole Lot More Positive comments about the new 365/372 XTorq saws than negative. If I needed a larger saw, I'd be all over the 365. Best bang for the buck in a 70cc! :msp_smile:

Well if you ran older ones all your life like myself, those new ones dont have the nimble feel and top end HP that the old ones did. it is very hard to find a newer XTorq that idles properly out of the box. I have boughten countless older 372 saws new and never never had a problem with them new. A buddie and I did a timed accelaration on both 372's, both with out bars or chains and with about 100 hrs on them. the older one revs alot faster to the max rpm than the XT model. Granted the XT model does have more mid range torque, but I want top end torque, whatever floats your boat

Ohh, if they were sooooooo good they would sell the crap out of them, NOTTTTTTTTT. Around here this is pro logger territory, I been to almost all the Husqvarna shops and the new 372XT is NOT selling. instead the loggers are getting the 390xp and ms440 and ms460's. THe 372xt is a very poor seller within a 100 mile radius of here, dealers are stocking them and they are collecting dust

My best friend went out and bought a 365XT, a saw I told him not to buy. Well he thinks its the best thing to come out sence cream cheese. He has also never ran a older 365 or 372. If your not used to the older ones, then YES the Xtorq saws are fine

Back