• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New Husqvarna Combi Can

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The piece that blocks off the gas flow is the trick. You have to pull back on the outer piece and then twist the piece that blocks off the gas flow at the end of the nozzle. After you pull back you have room to get a pair of needle nose pliers just behind the flat end and twist it, it's in there pretty good so you have to give it a good twist and then everything slides forward and off.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00T031DAE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Keep an eye on it and they will offer it again. I bought mine in 2017 for $25 US. I believe they where selling a couple of weeks ago for about 38 US. I think I have only used mine once or twice, I still have the old metal gas cans I use. They are very thick walled but I didn't care how stiff the springs where on the filler so I took one apart and replaced the spring with a pop up sprinkler spring and it's much easier to use now. They have a different thread than US jugs so you cannot use the "replacement" nozzles you can put on new plastic jugs.
View attachment 783985
Thinking about giving this one a try also.
https://www.amazon.com/Scepter-0361...000BQSVXG/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
That’s a very nice rope handle you made. I like it!

View attachment 784209 Here’s the much more manly Stihl equivalent.

Here is a real manly Canadian model made by Wedco, which I bought at least 25 years ago!
It works fine for storing and transporting gas & bar oil, but does not cook a breakfast.

However, I much prefer 1 or 2.5 gallon single Wedco cans.
One for gas and one for oil, no gimmicks or super duper safety spouts thanks.

IMG_5119.JPG

The old fashion flex spout with a screw top works great.

Spout.jpg

Good old Jerry can is tough to beat for 5 gallon size.

Jerry can.jpg

Cheers,

View attachment 783811 View attachment 783809 View attachment 783810
We did our Christmas a few days late this year in order for all the family to be together. Just opened gifts and my son got me this cool combi can. He had order it from England, said he could not find a source in the US. Anyway, looks pretty nifty, keep gas, oil, spare chains, files and scrench all in one convenient carrier. Be perfect to throw in back of ranger of strap in on a wheeler rack with saws and head to the woods! Anyone else use this can, any tips or advice? Thanks
How much are you asking for it.

How much are you asking for it.
She’s still brand new. Never had such a fancy gas/oil can! For now it just sits on the shelf and I keep thinking how much I hate to dirty it up! LOL Plus I’ve never had a problem with the bottles my bar oil comes in, simple pour and re-cap and have a good 2 1/2 gal gas can.

She’s still brand new. Never had such a fancy gas/oil can! For now it just sits on the shelf and I keep thinking how much I hate to dirty it up! LOL Plus I’ve never had a problem with the bottles my bar oil comes in, simple pour and re-cap and have a good 2 1/2 gal gas can.
It does look pretty nice, not sure I'd want to have to dump bar oil into it, mix wouldn't be a big deal though.
The reason I asked if it's for sale is because this thread is in the trading post ;).

All it usually takes is some common sense, but common sense may not be as common as it used to be!

For example, gasoline vapor is way more dangerous than liquid gasoline (as long as it's still liquid).

Latest posts

Back