New Jugs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always insist on OEM.

I always prefer OEM myself as well but just because they’re OEM doesn’t mean their quality.

I say if it ain't broke don't fix it. :bowdown: :heart:

But if the jugs are all tore up or low on compression by all means aftermarket is definitely the way to go. :cheers:

:biggrinbounce2:
:hmm3grin2orange:

I always prefer OEM myself as well but just because they’re OEM doesn’t mean their quality.

But if the jugs are all tore up or low on compression by all means aftermarket is definitely the way to go. :cheers:

Umm...are we talking about saws here?:hmm3grin2orange:

Liners? Like diesels

Why can't/won't they make liners for chainsaws/high output 2 strokes?

Maybe in the professional lines only. Or is replacing a jug just as easy as a new liner would be? Heat transfer issues? Ports in cylinder walls being a limiting factor?

How about a larger piston / cylinder combo for a ms 200t / 020t? I know they are tight for space, but it would be cool to add a larger bore to these little screamers. There should be enough 020t and ms 200t around to have the demand. Think about an brand new 200t with a larger piston and a opened up muffler reved to the max, probably just point it at the tree and it will fall apart :)

Sawsandblowers

I am with Andy on the BB/BR400 setup. I have one right now in need of a top end.

+1 on the 026/ms260 BB1 now that would be am awesome little package1

And I'd go with a BB 200t... but... someone would also need to make another muffler package to get much improvement.

The only problems I see is that the orginal cylinders rarely go bad - just the pistons eventually.., and few (in comparison to "orginary saws") work on their own 200T's

I'm in total agreement with Dean on the 084/088 big bore cylinders. From a racers point of view, you would sell a ton of these. Just make sure you make the pistons with a wider skirt. :D

The first batch of 066 kits out for testing had issues with the piston bottoming out on the crankcase. Those have been re-machined and have been out in the field for about 3 months now. The second test batch should be arriving in another month, and if and when they fit all models properly, we will get the full order on the water. So unfortunately we are still about 3 months out, and that is if there are no issues with the current test models. If you try to push these things out too soon, the whole thing turns into a bit of a $hit sandwich. We have already eaten some of those in the past, not too tasty!

As the bugs get worked out, and the quality control and design build reach a good level, I'm interested in some kits....066, 7900, and possibly 372....though I might opt for a new "375" and have it ported. As far as other kits being produced goes, I'd have an interest in 346 or 5100 BB's.

Nick or Greg, do you have any idea of a time frame on availability of 7900BB kits? I just ordered two 7900 kits and might want to cancel one or both. I could wait a few months for sure, as I just got a 6401 Makita, and don't need it modded right away as I have a plethora of saws.

A big bore kit based on the 346xp (quad port) cylinder would be ?????in! Makes sense from a marketability standpoint as well. Would fit 7 elux saws if my math is right.346,350 351 353 Husky,2149, 2150,2152 Jonsered.

The last cylinder kit I would concider is the 084/088. This is very popular with the racers but also with the guys running chainsaw mills. You would be very pleasently surprised by the #'s of these that you would move. You would probably notice a granburg going out with the kit at the same time.

Yes please 130odd cc sounds great!

I'M IN!!!

:ices_rofl: :biggrinbounce2: I'd rep you but I'm tapped. Maybe later...

Back