New levelof chainsaw induced pain!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My bicycle seat fell off when I was a kid.

Worst part was that it was a freewheeling 20" and I was going downhill. I fell on the back tire, wasn't tall enough to reach the hand brakes, nor heavy enough to stop it.

When I made it to the bottom of the hill, I just fell over. Laid there for probably 30 mins before I could move.

That one hurt. :(

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I once had the starter handle fly out of my hand and smack my junk on its way back. That was bad...

Wow you cant even start a saw without hurting yourself..............at least you can avoid your feet with the chain all the time.

Incidents and accidents happen to everybody in one way or another, I have never had an accident with a saw yet. However have crashed a few trucks, broken some bones, got my ass blown up by some bad dudes, never thought it could happen to me, it did.

There is a reason the forestry industry is one of the most dangerous jobs out there.

whenever i'm bucking logs that are on the ground and can't roll, I'd cut a pie or a face if you will in it if the log was gonna bind on me. Well after I have that loose pie piece in the cut, I'd tap the throttle and hit the piece of pie to shoot it out of the cut, worked great for me until that pie shot back and hit the dice right square on. That one piled me up for a bit. Normally I stand off to the side so that piece would just fling by but was in a hurry and forgot to move that one time.

Dude. I'm SORRY for you! :msp_scared:

I spit a wedge out with the top of the bar bucking a log. Shot out like a bullet, bounced off another tree, and hit me in the arm so hard it went numb.

I haven't had the pleasure of a nut cracker yet. Not from a saw related incident, anyways.

I think you do the same thing I do the way it sounds

Last edited:
Wow you cant even start a saw without hurting yourself..............at least you can avoid your feet with the chain all the time.

Incidents and accidents happen to everybody in one way or another, I have never had an accident with a saw yet. However have crashed a few trucks, broken some bones, got my ass blown up by some bad dudes, never thought it could happen to me, it did.

There is a reason the forestry industry is one of the most dangerous jobs out there.

Yes, because I hit my junk once with the starter handle I am unable to start a saw without getting injured.

I'm not a forester, I'm a timber faller...

Back