New Log Splitter Does anyone know this company

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations, looks like a very well built machine, I'be surprised if you can't split more than a cord and hour. We're doing that kind of volume with two guys and a regular style hydraulic splitter with a 11hp and a 16 gpm pump. My guys average a cord every hour and ten minutes, they hustle, have two machines going have done ten cord 10-12 cord several days with both going. I'll bet you get a lot faster once you run it awhile. Especially with a 6 way. It looks like it will last forever.

The only real problem I have is the levers. Everytime I went to touch a lever I had to take a second and ask myself is the right one. Thats why now after the fact i would've liked the log lift valve seperate. I'm going to figure out someway of labeling each lever.

Beatiful machine I want one :rock: I see one item that is of possiable concern The 3/4 hose that feeds your splitter valve first handle closest to the beam inspect that fitting in the pictures looks to be crimped wrong see how it flares/bubbles out the fitting was not all the way in the die when the hose was crimped. that is the pressure hose form the pump correct? If it is you may want to see if the manu. will replace that hose thats the last thing you coming apart I have had it happen to me under a truck 1/2 line luckly enough not in dirrect contact but still soaked all way head to toe including some in the boots ( not fun ) Maybe its the way it appears in the pictures shadow etc ( picture 3 I think ) No nocking the machine, operator etc. just a saftey issue thats all. Have a good one

Last edited:
What is the purpose of the notch in the front wedge? Never seen that before. The pictures on his website do not show that either.

What is the purpose of the notch in the front wedge? Never seen that before. The pictures on his website do not show that either.

It is to keep the log from riding up on an angle until its vertical or in some awkward position while your splitting it. A very important feature IMO. Would most likely be a deal breaker for me. I'm in the market for another splitter and this is one thing I look for. I have the Rayco. Real heavy duty machine but certain things are poorly designed. Split Right splitters have a wedge that angles down and in, accomplishing the same thing. The All-Wood one has that notch which does the same thing. Its good.

Splitters

I have two 20 ton and a 30 ton log splitter two wrappers two winches on my tractor and electric splitter table and don't have $5000.00 plus in all of them. Later

I have two 20 ton and a 30 ton log splitter two wrappers two winches on my tractor and electric splitter table and don't have $5000.00 plus in all of them. Later

Me an my 67 year old dad can do close to a cord an hour. You must of had a few coupons from Home Depot to get that deal. I'm really happy for you.

It is to keep the log from riding up on an angle until its vertical or in some awkward position while your splitting it. A very important feature IMO. Would most likely be a deal breaker for me. I'm in the market for another splitter and this is one thing I look for. I have the Rayco. Real heavy duty machine but certain things are poorly designed. Split Right splitters have a wedge that angles down and in, accomplishing the same thing. The All-Wood one has that notch which does the same thing. Its good.

That notch definately does its job.

Me an my 67 year old dad can do close to a cord an hour. You must of had a few coupons from Home Depot to get that deal. I'm really happy for you.
my 2 20 tons come from Ramsplitter in Rockford IL. My manor built the 30 ton. I have a Hudson wrapper and my manor built a copy of it. He built my forks for my tractor for some steel and a case of beer. Purchased they would cost about $700.00 dollars. I was always wondering about changing the direction of the splitter if it would stop that ride up when splitting big stuff later damato

my 2 20 tons come from Ramsplitter in Rockford IL. My manor built the 30 ton. I have a Hudson wrapper and my manor built a copy of it. He built my forks for my tractor for some steel and a case of beer. Purchased they would cost about $700.00 dollars. I was always wondering about changing the direction of the splitter if it would stop that ride up when splitting big stuff later damato

What is your labor costs?

What is your labor costs?
I work buy my self now I let all the help go when I stop selling bulk. I can buy a rank already cut in to 16 inch chunk for $20.00 to $60.00 I split it to my customers size wraps it the way they want it. I only sell and buy Ash. I turn a rank in to $500.00 to $600.00. I work a little in the morning check my venders out after noon am home buy 1400. I don't normally work week ends. Info on wood drying I call a fellow at 1000 told him I need a rank of Ash chunks he delivered it at 1500. I checked it to see percent of moister cut green 40 to 50 percent split it put it in my shop at 64 degrees with the big fan on this morning at 0500 the wood was all under 25 percent. I check the ends the middle I was suprised. I always let it it go for a least 3 or 4 days. I checked it with three different meters. It has to be right I know the sap is down. But I guess we live and learn. Later Damato.

The only real problem I have is the levers. Everytime I went to touch a lever I had to take a second and ask myself is the right one. Thats why now after the fact i would've liked the log lift valve seperate. I'm going to figure out someway of labeling each lever.

The knobs on your levers must screw off. Maybe you can find a colored replacement knob to identify the lift. Once I had a old rider lawnmower I got cheap with the knob missing off of the shift lever. I took a golf ball and drilled a hole into the ball a bit smaller than the threaded lever end. That allowed me to screw the golfball onto the threads. You could always find a orange golfball and do the same thing I did. Happy new year, great looking splitter.

Back